Corner Crossing

How about selling the landlocked parcels and using the proceeds to buy land of equal or better quality?
Because local governments in the west are often opposed to governmental land acquisitions, and politicians are constantly making land acquisition more difficult for agencies to accomplish. I think ultimately, this strategy would result in a net loss of public. To me, it would be preferable to seek an exchange of equal value rather then sale/acquisition.

Because local governments in the west are often opposed to governmental land acquisitions, and politicians are constantly making land acquisition more difficult for agencies to accomplish. I think ultimately, this strategy would result in a net loss of public. To me, it would be preferable to seek an exchange of equal value rather then sale/acquisition.
Or that.

How about selling the landlocked parcels and using the proceeds to buy land of equal or better quality?
because when the state sells the landlocked land, its not worth anything because theres no public acces. 1 landowner benefits, and they arent going to pay anything for it,,,,

but when the state wants to buy land that is accessible, the same landowner will want bozeman prices for bare land that has virtually no habitat or game on it,,,,

Like the time WY had the opportunity to buy 1MM acres of land and fix the corner crossing issue for what 70% of the "corners" in the state. 🤦‍♂️

Like the time WY had the opportunity to buy 1MM acres of land and fix the corner crossing issue for what 70% of the "corners" in the state. 🤦‍♂️
Yup.

Or like when a group had an access project signed, sealed, and delivered with promised funding, only to have three anti-public land county commissioners with heavy conflicts of interest oppose it and get some of the Montana delegation to pull LWCF funding support. It would have solved some big checkerboard issues.

Happens regularly, more so than most realize.

Its really quite simple in my eyes.

The GOVT should give the landowners the option to either swap land or condemn the landowners for access to the parcels.

Since they likely wont budge on the land swap, condemn them for "2 track" or "foot traffic only" access to every single chunk of landlocked property....in EVERY location in CONUS.

"Landlocked" property is a joke in my eyes. It should never have happened in the first place.

Its really quite simple in my eyes.

The GOVT should give the landowners the option to either swap land or condemn the landowners for access to the parcels.

Since they likely wont budge on the land swap, condemn them for "2 track" or "foot traffic only" access to every single chunk of landlocked property....in EVERY location in CONUS.

"Landlocked" property is a joke in my eyes. It should never have happened in the first place.

Agree that it's absurd, but it's a feature and not a bug.

he got ticketed, wonder did he pay the ticket or go to court,,,,
If it’s the same guy that I met at the auction this fall when I was buying back the buck some jackass poached off of us a few years back…..I believe he just paid it.

How stupid are you to think I would say something I can’t substantiate???? Or perhaps you insult my intelligence???

Easy there. A guy got ticketed. OK. Did he actually step over a surveyed marker without touching private? We've all heard these stories of guys getting ticketed for "corner crossing" and it seems like it always turns out they didn't actually truly corner cross. The specifics matter immensely.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back