Contested GOP convention...

MTGunner

I just saw on Fox news that the GOP is highly considering a contested convention to replace the high voter delegate winner for their own nominee. If Trump gets the most states delegates votes he should be the GOP nominee.
I have an informed voter for more than 45 yrs. I listen to the information given freely by want to be nominees, weigh the information for content and accuracy, read as much as possible about the issues and vote my conservative opinion.
I find that the GOP is out of touch with its' collective conservative members. This is highly disturbing to my conscience!
If Hitlary and a hand picked, by the GOP, nominee are put forward I will become an informed independent voter. It may be time for a 3rd party candidate to set the Dems and the GOP on their collective asses.
This is my opinion only and I thank this forum for their patience with my rant. My .20 cents. MTG:mad:

What they will end up with is Trump running 3rd party if they pull that stunt.

I believe the rule is that you need a majority, not just a plurality to win the nomination. Not 100% sure but I think it was always that way. It has been a long time since no one had a majority on the first ballot at either the Dem or Rep Convention, but it used to occur more often back in the "good ol days". If Trump shows up with a majority, I don't see anyway they can take it away from him. But if he doesn't have 50% then it will be a circus. At least the Repubs don't have "super" delegates (party hacks not bound by the voting results) like the Dems, that is really a screwed up deal.

If the Republicans have a contested convention the general elections automatically default to the Democrat candidate. You will also see a lot of Republican base leave the party. I don't think the establishment is cognizant of how frustrated their base is with them.
It would not surprise me if there are some in the Republican establishment who would be willing to cause a Democrat to be elected rather than allow Trump to be the nominee.

Oh the republicans hear us out here but they just don't care once they get out of earshot it's back to the money grab.

What they will end up with is Trump running 3rd party if they pull that stunt.

Yep. And if they do that then they throw the election to Hillary. That's going to piss the base off more than they are currently. They may be headed the way of the dinosaur and a third party could emerge.

Oh the republicans hear us out here but they just don't care once they get out of earshot it's back to the money grab.

...I'm guessing the Repubs are hoping the general population will continue to be short on memory and big on apathy. After all, it's worked for them for a long time. Hopefully the last grains of sand are dropping through the hour glass.

If you take the current projections.

Winner Take All States:

Trump 735 delegates + 458 existing = 1193 delegates

Rubio 74 delegates + 151 existing = 254 delegates

Cruz 63 delegates + 359 existing = 422 delegates

In the rest of the states Trump is projected to win everywhere, except New Mexico (Cruz), Ohio (Kasich), Guam & Utah & American Samoa (Rubio).

Ted Cruz struggles in the rust belt, east, and south.

Trump struggles in the west, but not west coast.

Rubio struggles anywhere that isn't an island or LDS community.

Kasich struggles outside of the reach of Ohio.

Without a major set back, Trump will win the nomination. This Tuesday will be the defining moment for all candidates.

Trump would have to go third party long before the convention or he would be left off the ballot in many states. The most likely scenario to me is that he ends up with the Republican nomination, but I'm no pundit like some here.

If the GOP were to insert their own nominee it would destroy the Republican Party.

The Republicans who have been vocal opposition to Trump will fall in line. It seems to already be happening.

If the GOP were to insert their own nominee it would destroy the Republican Party.

The Republicans who have been vocal opposition to Trump will fall in line. It seems to already be happening.

Yep, and the sooner they stop cannibalizing their own and focus on the Clinton machine foibles the better.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back