Congress Changes Rules To Ease Sales of Lands

Yes - Republican 234, Democrat 0
No - Republican 3, Democrat 190

Good to see they are trying to work together!

Mr. Speaker; Checking in from the Great State of Idaho, the State that Ranks 49th in Education Spending, and 1st in GOP Voting;

Labrador -Yes
Simpson - Yes

Transferring federal lands is a PLANK of the Republican party platform!

More coverage in media: http://www.fieldandstream.com/gop-h...1&spJobID=960825383&spReportId=OTYwODI1MzgzS0

If you believed any vague statements to the contrary when voting, you drank the Koolaid. Now would be the time to light a fire under your congressional reps and remind them they can and will be fired by voters @ the earliest opportunity for supporting transfer of public lands.

A Great Old Broads conversation on this subject today included a reply from Zinke's office when one of them wrote to him recently.

"On December 15, 2016, President-elect Donald J. Trump appointed me to the position of Secretary of the Department of Interior. Although I always appreciate hearing from Montanans, throughout the transition process my office will not be engaging in political or policy actions from my Congressional office."

This Zinke guy seems to be all over the map on the public lands issue. Maybe he thinks he can play both sides?

Not surprising my Wisconsin Rep voted for this. He will get a letter from me, as little as that may do. He has a rock solid rating from the NRA and has written a few editorials about how horrific wolves are, which basically means he is "great for hunting" to 95% of the sportsman around here.

"This Zinke guy seems to be all over the map on the public lands issue."

Read some earlier threads concerning Zinke (and his pal Daines) and Public lands issue(s). Not everyone was so naive and/optimistic about his intentions.
Have the nimrods poked the sleeping Grizzly Bear?
More importantly - will the bears wake up before they goes extinct?

Last edited:
Rather live on my feet than die on my knees........................Actually rather die on my feet than live on my knees

Last edited:
Good.

Let's start calling our Senators and remind them who they work for, since the House clearly works for Rob Bishop and the interests who would erase our heritage.

Call your senator and tell them exactly what you think of these rules, and the attempts to sell of public lands. Call them and tell them to not seat any cabinet member who feels we should sell off public lands, or erase Theodore Roosevelt's legacy.

Looks like the local news sites have reported on Zinke's vote. Let him have it.....

http://helenair.com/news/natural-re...cle_e6af3fea-bba9-58f7-ae37-447538f57a53.html
Told you guys that sombitch would stab you in the back first time it meant an easier road to glory for him. Guess he feels the need to get Bishop's seal of approval for his new job.

Here's Zinke's letter to another person regarding another issue:
January 2, 2017 Dear Ms. *******,

Thank you for contacting me, I appreciate having your thoughts on this issue, as your input is valuable to me.

On December 15, 2016, President-elect Donald J. Trump appointed me to the position of Secretary of the Department of Interior. Although I always appreciate hearing from Montanans, throughout the transition process my office will not be engaging in political or policy actions from my Congressional office. If you have a casework or non-political issue, please reach out to our district offices in Helena or Billings. If you have an immediate concern or question regarding policy matters, I suggest reaching out to Senator Daines’ Office at (202) 224-2651 or Senator Tester’s Office at (202) 224-2644.

It is an honor to represent the people of Montana. Understanding the views of my constituents is very important to me as I continue to serve you. I will never forget who my real boss is.

If I can be of further assistance to you or your family, please do not hesitate to contact me.

In God We Trust,
P3xhi8q7AOjaOxVnN7XRIUOR0vYr3k6GIBZHT7z6W2rv0Gn88RWLnTXkNLxPM4raSjrGhPcqx5AEjZwgDuJxRg71TXOOFWs22tIo5Tgc0YvQwzSNv1IgQw9XMqWLCkMSHb6HChi15aWYfaCIsxlvFw=s0-d-e1-ft

Ryan K. Zinke
Member of Congress
He better reply personally to comments about this vote!

Mr. Speaker; Checking in from the Great State of Idaho, the State that Ranks 49th in Education Spending, and 1st in GOP Voting;

Labrador -Yes
Simpson - Yes

Not at all surprised about Labrador's vote, but am disappointed at Simpson voting yes. I thought he would have enough backbone to stand up and vote his beliefs instead of following the party line. He has replied a couple of time to my concerns about the public land issue and always stated that he was not in favor of a transfer. I guess the swamp has claimed another.

Transfer issues aside, I just love how this makes absolutely no f^&$%*& fiscal sense at all from the party of "fiscal responsibility". We don't have to account for the losses? In ten years as an accountant not having to account for losses, as well as gains was called fraud and potentially came with an orange suit.

Listening to a story on NPR about this right now. Centered on the situation in Wyoming. Some BHA reps interviewed.

Oops. I see I'm late. Good job.

This is just one issue.
Libtards need to calm down.

I keep seeing this word used in the forums. Is this really ok?
How are we supposed to have an informed debate when this is the best you've got?
Personally, this level of "discussion" keeps me off of the forums.

Randy???? Randy??? Where are you?

Transfer issues aside, I just love how this makes absolutely no f^&$%*& fiscal sense at all from the party of "fiscal responsibility". We don't have to account for the losses? In ten years as an accountant not having to account for losses, as well as gains was called fraud and potentially came with an orange suit.

Exactly. If the Board of Directors of a corporation did this the investors would have a claim for fraud, and the DOJ and the IRS would be all over them!

I keep seeing this word used in the forums. Is this really ok?
How are we supposed to have an informed debate when this is the best you've got?
Personally, this level of "discussion" keeps me off of the forums.

Randy???? Randy??? Where are you?

Words such as this are small potatoes... You'll learn who to ignore and who provides info worth the read. For someone to moderate at this low level of "hurtful" words, this would be a micromanaged wormhole of questionable activity... There are personalities that try to troll for response. Not knocking your disappointment over the words chosen however have the mind frame to not get worked up over what may be considered typical poker room banter that tries to raise the hair of others merely to tip others off their game.

As for the topic... I am a Zinke supporter. I am pretty disturbed by his Yea vote and have sent my 1 of 1,000's message expressing my disappointment. This was a slap in my face from my perspective.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back