Caribou Gear Tarp

Congress Changes Rules To Ease Sales of Lands

January 6, 2017​
Dear Rob,

Thank you for contacting me about public lands. I appreciate having your thoughts on this issue, as your input is valuable to me.

As a fifth generation Montanan, I understand how important our public lands are to our local economies, communities, and, more importantly, our very way of life. Our wealth of natural resources creates jobs, supports families, and promotes recreation. It is of utmost importance to me that we preserve the public’s access to these lands.

In a joint address to the Montana State Legislature two years ago, I made it clear that I will not tolerate selling or transferring our public lands. That position has not changed, nor will it change. However, we need to find a way to cut through the bureaucracy to ensure our parks, forests, and other public areas are properly managed.

I have noted your concerns about a recent procedural vote taken by the U.S. House of Representatives on January 3, 2017. The language in the rule does not transfer or sell any public lands, but simply establishes budgetary rules that will determine how bills will be written and scored in the 115th Congress. What will allow land transfers and sales to proceed will be future bills written by Members of Congress. I have stood against these efforts before and will continue to adamantly oppose any proposals to sell or transfer public lands.

I have consistently supported keeping our public lands public. With each vote, I have taken on leadership for the sake of Montana’s values. As a member of the House Natural Resources Committee, please know that I will keep your thoughts firmly in mind as we discuss how to best manage and preserve our natural heritage.

It is an honor to represent the people of Montana. Understanding the views of my constituents is very important to me as I continue to serve you. I will never forget who my real boss is.

If I can be of further assistance to you or your family, please do not hesitate to contact me.

In God We Trust,
P3xhi8q7AOjaOxVnN7XRIUOR0vYr3k6GIBZHT7z6W2rv0Gn88RWLnTXkNLxPM4raSjrGhPcqx5AEjZwgDuJxRg71TXOOFWs22tIo5Tgc0YvQwzSNv1IgQw9XMqWLCkMSHb6HChi15aWYfaCIsxlvFw=s0-d-e1-ft

Ryan K. Zinke
Member of Congress

We can still trust God, but we sure as hell can't trust Zinke.

"MY vote just made it easier for Congress to get rid of your land. It doesn't get rid of anything yet. It's all good, yo."

She turned that deer to stone with a simple look.

Onpoint - check your PMs.

As we all get our danders sufficiently up, seems like a good time remind everyone to follow the General "Mad Dog" Mattis saying of being polite, professional and having a plan to kill every bill we meet.

While it's fun to take cracks at individuals, it can be counter productive. Senator Fielder has been duly elected and sworn in as the chair of Senate Fish & Game. So far, she's run a good & fair committee. Our zeal to defend our wildlife and the lands they inhabit should not replace common courtesy.

And yes, I very much include myself in this. If you feel the need to assail anyone, private messages are a great conduit for the wicked wit and humor that so many of us excel at. :)

Last edited:
Whenever I see the apologists try to rationalize their support of these folks like Fielder/Ivory/Bishop (insert wingnut here), I hope some day they will come to the same conclusion Iris DeMent signs about when her man has betrayed her again and is pleading that he can be trusted one more time. I like her version better than the Lyle Lovett version. It just seems to fit the "trust me" scenario that these politicians hope we will fall for one more time.

[video=youtube_share;fpQNLZRcNA4]https://youtu.be/fpQNLZRcNA4[/video]

I'll never trust these folks. And as it relates to forgive and forget....... "God will, but I won't. God does, but I don't. And I won't even try......"

As we all get our danders sufficiently up, seems like a good time remind everyone to follow the General "Mad Dog" Mattis saying of being polite, professional and having a plan to kill every bill we meet.

While it's fun to take cracks at individuals, it can be counter productive. Senator Fielder has been duly elected and sworn in as the chair of Senate Fish & Game. So far, she's run a good & fair committee. Our zeal to defend our wildlife and the lands they inhabit should not replace common courtesy.

And yes, I very much include myself in this. If you feel the need to assail anyone, private messages are a great conduit for the wicked wit and humor that so many of us excel at. :)
Can't decide if this is interesting or ironic... Either way, it is a great suggestion.

Lyrics for thems of us what don't have good internet:

"You say that you're born again
cleansed of your former sins
You want me to say "I forgive and forget"
But you've done too much to me
Don't you be touching me,
go back and touch all those women you've made

Chorus:
'cause God may forgive you, but I won't
Yes, Jesus loves you, but I don't
They don't have to live with you and neither do I
You say that you're born again, well so am I
God may forgive you, but I won't
and I won't even try

Well, the kids had to cry for you
I had to try to do
things that the Dad should do
since you've been gone
Well, you really let us down
You may be Heaven 'bound
but you've left one hell of a mess here at home"
Read more: Iris Dement - God May Forgive You (But I Won't) Lyrics | MetroLyrics

We can still trust God, but we sure as hell can't trust Zinke.

Great response Zinke, almost word for word what I thought you'd say. I'd be embarrassed and ashamed had I voted for you thinking you were a real Teddy Roosevelt republican, but I didn't because I knew you weren't.

When I read these responses like Zinkes how his vote didn't actually transfer and public land, I just shake my head it's so frustrating. It's kind of like voting to repeal a regulation outlawing the dumping of raw sewage into the Yellowstone River, then claiming you didn't actually dump raw sewage in the river. Maybe not, but if you made it easier to allow someone else to do so you are just as responsible. Probably not a good analogy but the best I could come up with, you get my point though, I hope.

When I read these responses like Zinkes how his vote didn't actually transfer and public land, I just shake my head it's so frustrating. It's kind of like voting to repeal a regulation outlawing the dumping of raw sewage into the Yellowstone River, then claiming you didn't actually dump raw sewage in the river. Maybe not, but if you made it easier to allow someone else to do so you are just as responsible. Probably not a good analogy but the best I could come up with, you get my point though, I hope.

The Koch Brothers and their ALEC groups have figured out how to play the long game on a variety of topics.

If you can't swing for the fence and hit a home run on the first at bat, start playing for singles, maybe a double. And get some stolen bases, a few errors, and you soon score.

Not to get "politically" here, but examples are issues like abortion, where you start passing hospital requirements, Dr requirements, Planned Parenthood funding issues, pamphlet reqirements, unnecessary medical procedures, consent requirements, etc... No single act eliminated, but, taken in collection, they meet the goal.

Same on public lands.

• Remove accounting requirements
  • "Demonstration Projects"
  • ETc....

Yeah, we haven't transferred anything yet..... so, trust us.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back