Congress Changes Rules To Ease Sales of Lands

I keep seeing this word used in the forums. Is this really ok?
How are we supposed to have an informed debate when this is the best you've got?
Personally, this level of "discussion" keeps me off of the forums.

Randy???? Randy??? Where are you?

Onpoint is not a Zinke fan. I'm sure this was an attempt at sarcasm.

By the way, I reviewed the thread on Zinke vs Juneau and we pretty much nailed Zinke in advance on this topic. He has a new ass to kiss, so welcome to the new Ryan.

Enzi and Barrasso, our State senators are 100% behind the Land transfer attack plan. They give me the same old tired response every time I e-mail them. "We support what's best for Wyoming" and public opinion be damned. These two, and I'm sure our newly elected sole representative, Liz CHENEY is also in lockstep with the Republican party. Our Senators, Bebout, Miller and Stubson are also pushing a Wyoming constitutional amendment that will allow the transfer of Federal lands to the State. This is serious stuff here gentlemen....

Posting what I did in jest, on here, I am a troll. If I woulda' put that on some other sites, with the same insincere intentions, I'd have been a hero. The split second attention span of the internet is very amusing (and alarming). A scary illustration........
I guess I actually am a troll:rolleyes:
Oh well, keep fighting the good fight folks - probably see a few of you in Helena sooner or later in the next few months.........
Here's the focus.......
IMGP0091.jpg

I keep seeing this word used in the forums. Is this really ok?
How are we supposed to have an informed debate when this is the best you've got?
Personally, this level of "discussion" keeps me off of the forums.

Randy???? Randy??? Where are you?

Onpoint was using sarcasm. And rightfully so, given how some on this forum use that label as their surrender flag that they have no good basis for an argument and would rather use a label instead.

As to where I am, I'm right here. Busy and engaging in this topic in many other places that are a bit less conspicuous. Yesterday was all day in Helena working on a public land media project that will be huge if we can pull it off. I waved to our fellow public land advocates as I drove past the Capitol building.

This is the kind of response that is needed anytime anyone in Congress or the Administration even thinks about something that looks like transfer/sell. If a bill is even printed in the same font as a transfer/sell idea, we need to be on them. This topic needs to become political radioactive waste the same as the NRA has done with gun issues.

Keep giving them hell. Every single one of them.

I would suggest you send them an email once a week as a reminder that if they Eff up anything related to public lands, you will be opposing them and doing all you can to get them unelected. Do not be bashful about communicating with them directly and often. By communicating with them on a regular basis as to your opposition to any public land impairment, they are fully warned that "the fertilizer will hit the ventilator" when they do something stupid.

Keep at 'em. They are surprised of the shit storm this has caused. They ain't seen nothing yet.

Posting what I did in jest, on here, I am a troll. If I woulda' put that on some other sites, with the same insincere intentions, I'd have been a hero. The split second attention span of the internet is very amusing (and alarming). A scary illustration........
I guess I actually am a troll:rolleyes:
Oh well, keep fighting the good fight folks - probably see a few of you in Helena sooner or later in the next few months.........
Here's the focus.......
View attachment 66326

Always wondering if I'll run into you in Helena every Session. One of the only pluses out of this mess I guess. I'm sure we will run into each other by the looks of things.

As to where I am, I'm right here. Busy and engaging in this topic in many other places that are a bit less conspicuous. Yesterday was all day in Helena working on a public land media project that will be huge if we can pull it off. I waved to our fellow public land advocates as I drove past the Capitol building.

This is the kind of response that is needed anytime anyone in Congress or the Administration even thinks about something that looks like transfer/sell. If a bill is even printed in the same font as a transfer/sell idea, we need to be on them. This topic needs to become political radioactive waste the same as the NRA has done with gun issues.

Keep giving them hell. Every single one of them.

I would suggest you send them an email once a week as a reminder that if they Eff up anything related to public lands, you will be opposing them and doing all you can to get them unelected. Do not be bashful about communicating with them directly and often. By communicating with them on a regular basis as to your opposition to any public land impairment, they are fully warned that "the fertilizer will hit the ventilator" when they do something stupid.

Keep at 'em. They are surprised of the shit storm this has caused. They ain't seen nothing yet.

Thank you for all you do Randy! It's very frustrating for many of us easterners to live so far away from ground zero on this issue and have politicians that don't seem to understand the issue or care what we think. It's easy for me to get depressed, but when I read about what you and so many others are doing on the front lines, it makes me feel much better. Please continue to update us as much as you can and let us know if there's anything specific that we can do to help, other than the regular emails and phone calls.

DSCN0005.jpg
Awesome photo, onpoint! :) Certainly, on-point. ;)

thought about using this pic (yeah this is public land , too), she's better at illustrating onpoint than I am.:)IMGP0091.jpg
But it was -24 this AM, green foliage and running water seemed a nice thought right now.
meant this one.....computer idiot

Zinke really needs to offer up an explanation as to how this is good for public lands or, if he knew it would be bad for public lands, why he thought it necessary to vote yes anyway.

Thank you for all you do Randy! It's very frustrating for many of us easterners to live so far away from ground zero on this issue and have politicians that don't seem to understand the issue or care what we think. It's easy for me to get depressed, but when I read about what you and so many others are doing on the front lines, it makes me feel much better. Please continue to update us as much as you can and let us know if there's anything specific that we can do to help, other than the regular emails and phone calls.

Ground zero is the offices of your US Senators and Representatives, regardless of where you live. Everyone gets one vote. You need to pressure your elected officials to make the right vote. I think many eastern Congressmen/women take for granted that they won't take flak over a vote in favor of PLT.

Ground zero is the offices of your US Senators and Representatives, regardless of where you live. Everyone gets one vote. You need to pressure your elected officials to make the right vote. I think many eastern Congressmen/women take for granted that they won't take flak over a vote in favor of PLT.

Yep. And one call is great, but getting 20 of your friends to call makes some noise.

Just emailed my congressman on this, not that it will do any good. Also sent BHA some money, maybe that will...

Transfer issues aside, I just love how this makes absolutely no f^&$%*& fiscal sense at all from the party of "fiscal responsibility". We don't have to account for the losses? In ten years as an accountant not having to account for losses, as well as gains was called fraud and potentially came with an orange suit.

Was thinking the same thing. Republicans are quick to oppose any new regulation till they know how much it's gonna cost, now apparently cost don't mean shit to em, hypocrites.

Right on Oak!
I believe phones & 'puters work OK back East/West of the Rockies still,maybe.
This is Everyones Lands we are talking about.
I am calling & e-mailing my idiot Rep. weekly.He I believe is a co-author and a total dick.
My Senators are both pro public lands, but hear from me monthly still.....M. Heinrich D-NM & T. Udall D-NM

I think I'll give ol' Dick...I mean Steve Pearce R-NM another call today,just because I can.

Transfer issues aside, I just love how this makes absolutely no f^&$%*& fiscal sense at all from the party of "fiscal responsibility". We don't have to account for the losses? In ten years as an accountant not having to account for losses, as well as gains was called fraud and potentially came with an orange suit.

Although on the wrong side of land transfer, Mr. Paul is spot on in this video as pertains to republican stance on fiscal responsibility.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4641316/sen-rand-paul-budget

Zinke really needs to offer up an explanation as to how this is good for public lands or, if he knew it would be bad for public lands, why he thought it necessary to vote yes anyway.

He won't offer an explanation and he doesn't need to, because if he does he's just going to provide a bunch of double talk political bullshit that says nothing. HIS VOTE SAYS IT ALL, IT'S THAT EFFIN SIMPLE AND IT SHOULDN'T COME AS A SURPRISE TO ANYONE.

A small thought on this issue....
Some folks were way ahead of this whole bullshit mess quite a while ago. Alarms were being sounded. Unfortunately for ALL of us, a whole lotta people who are paying attention now, weren't quite able to devote any attention to it back then.
The same old aholes kept on sounding the alarm(s).
Hell, 20 years ago I showed up at what used to be a fairly active sportmans group in Bozeman (HSA) warning those - at that time - pretty conservative bunch of guys about the MT tea party types infiltrating the MT GOP party. Lotta guys there changed their political tunes AFTER the MT GOP screwed us a number of times. Unfortunately, by then, we had already fallen behind the curve.
Therein lies the problem.
Seems sportsmen/women - with so much to lose - are continually behind the curve.
Once again - we are on defense.
I watched the MN Vikings this year - hell of a defense. No offense.
Needless to say, I won't be watching Da Vikes anymore this year.
Will the collective "we" ever learn??

I'll add on thing before I leave while the leaving's good.
The reason I showed up at Headwaters Sportmans Association was because a few really dedicated guys were instrumental, savvy, and dedicated enough to get done a very publicly beneficial but at the same time controversial federal land deal in Montana.
Proved the power of us, if implemented.
Those guys know who they are - thanks.
Some new blood is needed real bad........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back