Component Availability

Midway has H1000, but Uncle Larry is looking to make more than a few boat payments off each pound.
And people are paying those prices too!

I figured the pricing would have settled down a bit after all this time, but apparently not.
It makes me believe that it's mostly panic buying, like the great .22lr famine of 2014.

And people are paying those prices too!

I figured the pricing would have settled down a bit after all this time, but apparently not.
It makes me believe that it's mostly panic buying, like the great .22lr famine of 2014.
I hate to say it, but I’m part of the problem. That 8# of R26 I snagged a couple weeks ago was double what powder was before all those “unprecedented times” and I was elated to find it.

Just out of curiosity, was that to supplement your current inventory of powder or were you out / almost out of RL26?
I've never had it, but have recently (in the last two years) boarded the overbore magnum train. I've been getting decent results out of H1000, but seeing much better results from others with the same cartridges/bullets with R26.

I called Nosler the other day to ask them why the only bullets on the shelves were Hornady and when they would be running some 168 grain green tips. They didn't have a good answer for me.

I called Nosler the other day to ask them why the only bullets on the shelves were Hornady and when they would be running some 168 grain green tips. They didn't have a good answer for me.

Hornady is like dog doodoo, it's EVERYWHERE! Not that there's anything wrong with that. I used the 129 grain Interlocks in my 6.5-06s for years.

Hornady is like dog doodoo, it's EVERYWHERE! Not that there's anything wrong with that. I used the 129 grain Interlocks in my 6.5-06s for years.
I shoot one Hornady bullet. 40 grain VMax in my .222 Remington. Really haven't looked at others. But yeah. They are fully in stock in a lot of places. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back