PEAX Equipment

Comment: Domestic sheep/got ban on WDFW property

Yup llamas are next then end hunting for sheep. Washington just suspended the spring bear hunt sheep will be a walk in the park to get suspended. Figure about 2000 sheep get killed a year in the us by hunters so over ten years 20000 sheep get saved that's really thinking about protecting wild sheep.

a pack goat ban on wintering grounds that never has packgoats on it when the sheep are there. It's like most stuff you see goverments doing hey look we did something even though it does nothing.
Hello Mr WA bighorn expert! Can you please let me know how many herds of bighorns have been completely eliminated due to the spread of m.ovi in WA?

Hello Mr WA bighorn expert! Can you please let me know how many herds of bighorns have been completely eliminated due to the spread of m.ovi in WA?
The expert oak spoke earlier and said none. I never claimed to be a expert. Just playing the other side of this I know some of you don't want to discuss stuff you don't agree with but this stuff needs to be looked at in more then one way

Many of these threads are enjoyable rabbit holes to run the route. One side or the other. I think it's worth hearing various sides - with respect to all, so long as it's not a whiny name calling fest because one doesn't agree with the other.

As someone who has a horse and hunts with it. I personally have no problem, if they were to ban livestock in the backcountry. If it mean protecting native wildlife.

The expert oak spoke earlier and said none. I never claimed to be an expert. Just playing the other side of this I know some of you don't want to discuss stuff you don't agree with but this stuff needs to be looked at in more then one way
You’re forgetting this about departmental property. The same department charged with protecting and conserving wildlife. Not protecting muh rights to use pack goats on said property.

Semantically you are correct. No transmission from pack goats. However, you’re omitting the fact domestic goats CAN transmit m. Ovi to wild sheep.

The ESA comment is ridiculous. The spring bear debacle is apples and oranges and a pure red herring.

For the record, I could care less about pack goats being allowed on wildlife areas. But, if the pack goat folks want to collaborate and come up wi try a mechanism to try and prevent any transmission of movi I’m all for it.

I have not reached out to anybody, though I have commented on land use plans and suggested such a certification program in lieu of banning pack goat use altogether.
I don't know squat about Pack goats though I looked into pack goats myself to some degree. My wife and I opted, due to work relocation, to pass at this time. My wife says the Bob sled action is absurd and I secretly agree as I age another year. Haha! However, I'm not sure I want pack goats in a griz/wolf area. Anyhow, what I did learn, it seems the multiple groups have been spread though it seems roots are setting with NAPgA. When I've called various Pack goat supply/stock people, they have ALL been very receptive! They may be receptive to a roundtable with open discussion.

https://www.napga.org/

You're the organized unit. Not your first rodeo, I know. You're quality, in that regard. I can not claim to know how any party would respond though the comfort of discussion - pros and cons shared openly with me, they may be worth reaching out to express interest. Then again...

Anyhow, food for thought.

The expert oak spoke earlier and said none. I never claimed to be a expert. Just playing the other side of this I know some of you don't want to discuss stuff you don't agree with but this stuff needs to be looked at in more then one way
I think there is a biological reason for the argument. I believe they are in the same family so transmission of disease would probably be more likely. Horses are not in the same family.

Back