Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Come on SD, let's talk about your monster whitey.

mtmiller

It's been long enough and I am bored. I want to hear some opinions on the recently killed monster.

Set....go.

I get that it’s SD and there’s not a lot of shade, but a rack that white? Likely a high fence deer. They should dye the antlers and it’d be more plausible.

wow........... people just never cease to amaze. High Fenced or not that prick should lose everything and never "hunt" again.........

Simple. Have the hunter provide the carcass or meat to be DNA tested. If he can't, or the DNA doesn't match, he is going to have problems and it's time to get an attorney. Also, a hunter has to be able to provide a kill location and take a game warden there, if requested. There are multiple ways to resolve this.

I hope it is a legal animal and not another poaching story in the making.

Awesome deer. Sad story if it comes out that the allegations are true.

Simple. Have the hunter provide the carcass or meat to be DNA tested. If he can't, or the DNA doesn't match, he is going to have problems and it's time to get an attorney. Also, a hunter has to be able to provide a kill location and take a game warden there, if requested. There are multiple ways to resolve this.

I hope it is a legal animal and not another poaching story in the making.

Is returning to the kill site a regulation there?

It's body is half under the wires in that pic, I bet it got caught in the fence and died, dude found it there and tried to pass it off as a kill...

This allegedly occurred on the Cheyenne River Reservation in South Dakota. State Game and Fish laws and enforcement don't apply on the Reservation. This matter will likely be addressed by the BIA and/or the FBI.

I couldn't find how South Dakota classifies captive deer herds. If they are classified as livestock would this even fall under the jurisdiction of a game officer?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back