Come on hunting season!

Gambels Quail is going to be great this year if your here Oct.-Feb giant coveys everywhere! 😎
We were at my sister in laws house last xmas and we saw several deer and quite a few quail where they live not far from Tombstone. Next time I'll have to bring a scatter-gun and get a license to chase those birds.
This pic is some birds the near the Cochise Stronghold. The country all around those hills looks quite birdy.

I believe those are Scailed Quail down near Tombstone.? Yummy!
Or could they be Mearns Quail? 😎

Last edited:
I won’t get back to the states until November. But I’ll be trapping, and hunting pheasants,sharptails,and squirrels until the season ends in January.

Reactions: LCH
September 1 Waterfowl opens and on September 15 OTC elk opens. Come October I get into mulie whitetail and antelope muzzle loader season. Also October 15-19 is OTC moose hunting. If I don’t get a mulie in October the November 7-14 I plan to chase Mulies with a rifle for the last week of season. The November 15-dec 2 is whitetail Rifle season and moose re opens for November 20-24. Hoping I tag out in some species quickly so I can chase geese lots and of course I start coyote trapping late October and that runs into February

Reactions: LCH
We were at my sister in laws house last xmas and we saw several deer and quite a few quail where they live not far from Tombstone. Next time I'll have to bring a scatter-gun and get a license to chase those birds.
This pic is some birds the near the Cochise Stronghold. The country all around those hills looks quite birdy.
View attachment 110673

Mearns quail...
Matt

Yes they are, been down hunting for Gambles quail a few times with my Grampa, we never went after the Mernes or scaled quail, one of these days I will!
Matt
I love the Gambels,just out back feeding the birds,big
Covey of young ones...Lookin' good!My Pet Roadrunner
is trying to thin out the herd. 😎

Squirrel opens August 1st here in Illinois. It’s usually 90 degrees and about the same for humidity but I still go. Last year I killed a limit (5) in about 2.5 hours on public land in west central Illinois on opening day, but got chiggers so bad, I could barely move for a month. Planning on doing the same this year.

I love the Gambels,just out back feeding the birds,big
Covey of young ones...Lookin' good!My Pet Roadrunner
is trying to thin out the herd. 😎

lol hopefully he doesn’t get to many.... the last few days I’ve been seeing quite a few CA quail with little ones, about 35, my guess is that those parents picked up some adopted ones... most are laying second batches here now,
Matt

lol hopefully he doesn’t get to many.... the last few days I’ve been seeing quite a few CA quail with little ones, about 35, my guess is that those parents picked up some adopted ones... most are laying second batches here now,
Matt

It's always great when they have 2 broods!Haven't seen a double hatch in years.
It's way too hot already and no monsoon yet. 😎

Yea hopefully those monsoons show up, that helps all the wildlife!
Matt

My left knee kept me up all night,...jogging for Javelina
hunt 2yrs ago.Re-hab-Missed hunt then ,...Next year missed pigs.
Dang those warped arrows!Monsoon a comin'!! 😎

Last edited:
Archery antelope aug 15 then 2 elk tags 2 deer tags and I ll have a bear tag in my pocket.

First grouse camp is planned for opener. Then looking at hitting the breaks for a lot of Sept & Oct while chasing birds & scouting for the 700 rifle tag I have for elk.

Right now, it's hitting the hills & getting back in shape for the gumbo-mararthon.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back