Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Colors WOW, Just WOW!

Big Sky

A close friend of mine that is about 15 years my senior and I went for an 8.75 mile hike in the mountains Saturday. We are both a little sore from hiking today, but it's a good kind of sore. Frankly, I think we did pretty darn good for a couple of old guys. Plus he got me doing a little fly fishing, which I really enjoyed.

Here are a few photos of these fish with their absolutely spectacular colors.

Male West Slope Cutthroat:
Dave%20McClendon%209-26-15D_zpsuj9qgwd7.jpg

Here is a really uniquely colored 100% wild mountain brookie. First one I ever caught on a fly rod from that particular creek.
Troy%20Adams%20Brookie%209-26-15_zpsnztjcjob.jpg

Another beautiful West Slope Cutty.
Dave%20McClendon%209-26-15G_zps82865hic.jpg

My buddy Dave with a nice cutthroat.
Dave%20McClendon%209-26-15F_zps0hqod2k8.jpg

Beautiful fish Troy. You're killing me while I'm mired in work.

Henry is taking me out on Saturday. I can't wait.

WOW is right!

That next hole downstream over Dave's shoulder.....sign me up for that one.....the King of the stream might live in that undercut with the roots.

I grew up fishing cricks this big. I get lost trying to read any stream over two lanes wide.

That brookie is amazing! I've never seen one that dark on his belly and chin. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing

TRSMontana, it's the darkest Brooke trout I've ever seen. The inside of his mouth looked exactly like black tar. No white inside at all.

I'm sitting here at my desk looking out the window at the beautiful clear day. The air is a little cooler and the wind is calm. I'm really wishing I was on the creek right now instead of being chained to this desk and room right now!!!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back