Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Colorado

jlmatthew

So...... who has what their applying for in Colorado figured out yet?

Other than a bear and plains deer tag, I cant decide on antelope & elk

Elk - 1st Choice PP, 2nd choice list B cow + OTC archery either sex
Deer - 3rd season buck tag, using my points
Antelope - 1st choice muzzleloader buck, if not drawn, OTC Archery either sex

Planning at least 15-20 days for big game this year, I hope my ankle heals up.

Elk - 1st Choice PP, 2nd choice 1st rifle either sex, 3rd choice 1st rifle cow OR 1st choice 1st rifle either sex, 2nd choice 1st rifle cow --undecided on whether to guarantee myself an either sex tag...struggling with the decision to burn 6 points on a 1 point tag. I'll probably roll the dice and be cow hunting this fall... :confused:

Deer - Points

Elk will probably be points first and an either sex 4th season tag for a second choice it looks like

Deer will be points first and I'm not sure what to do as a second choice

Pronghorn will be first choice buck for rifle and second choice doe rifle and possibly OTC archery

I am still trying to decide. I have 16 deer pts, 12 elk, and 8 'lope - I never planned to get this many. I figure with deer I am past the point of diminishing returns, so will plan on putting in this year. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I am still trying to decide. I have 16 deer pts, 12 elk, and 8 'lope - I never planned to get this many. I figure with deer I am past the point of diminishing returns, so will plan on putting in this year. Any suggestions would be welcome.

How about unit 2 for second season....about 13 points for a NR to draw...then you could stay and do an OTC rifle elk hunt in unit 3 for 3rd season

How about unit 2 for second season....about 13 points for a NR to draw...then you could stay and do an OTC rifle elk hunt in unit 3 for 3rd season

OMG(never thought I’d be gay enough to type that) do not burn that many deer points on a 2nd season deer hunt(sorry Cush).

You have enough deer points to pull some REALLY, REALLY good 3rd season tags in some really good units. Subscribe to Fair Chase and see how many bucks are listed from Moffat County, then compare to others. “You will then find the answers you seek”.-Buck Yoda

I just don't want to be sitting here next year at this time asking myself why I still haven't started accumulating points for deer in Colorado.

I would love to rifle hunt a velvet buck in the back country some day.

Right now I have a whopping 1 point for mountain goat in Colorado.

I'm going to start building points this year for deer too. I might try to do a high country archery hunt next year, but will probably try to keep accumulating points for an eventual rifle hunt.

I was thinking about going to CO this fall, but a brown bear hunt got in the way... :)

Points only this year.

OMG(never thought I’d be gay enough to type that) do not burn that many deer points on a 2nd season deer hunt(sorry Cush).

You have enough deer points to pull some REALLY, REALLY good 3rd season tags in some really good units. Subscribe to Fair Chase and see how many bucks are listed from Moffat County, then compare to others. “You will then find the answers you seek”.-Buck Yoda

It's all good..lol I was just trying to help a brotha out and sneak him in an elk hunt too

Hate to put in for points across the board, but I have about a 95% chance for the only UT NR pref Paunsagunt archery deer tag, and I want to save 4 weeks for that. Also possibility for NM archery elk after the deer hunt ends. So this is not the year to do anything in CO w/exception of longshot for sheep.

Well I think another muzzy antelope tag will be applied for this year, so now I just need to figure out what GMU & season I'll be applying for with elk. Sucks having Preference Points sometimes

And I just know I'm gonna draw my sheep tag :hump:

Just finished my app. Points again for elk. Love the OTC elk in CO, so gonna keep doing that for another year or two, when I should have enough elk points for some really good hunts. Started this elk PP game in CO in 1995. I never thought I would still be sitting on points in 2012.

Deer points are getting burned this year. Gonna do a 3rd season deer in an easy to draw area. Will try to combine it with the OTC elk.

Burned my pronghorn points in 2006 and never got back in the game. Never got in the moose, goat, or bighorn draws and feel too old to start now.

Very excited to go back to CO again this year. Not sure what I love more, the hunting, or hanging out in little towns where everyone is talking about hunting.

OTC archery elk. My oldest son will be bowhunting with me this year. I'm really looking forward to watching him get the shakes in front of big bugling bull.

Everything else will be points.

I may pick up a leftover tag or two.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back