Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado Whitetail

Mudranger1

Well we headed out to eastern Colorado with the bows to see what we could make it happen...I made a piss poor shot on this guy so after trailing him up and having him get up and runoff we backed out and got some dinner and came back about an hour and half later....he had a coyote attached to him when we found him so his ass end and part of one backstrap where torn to shreds...but I'm very happy we found him after bumping him up.

Attachments

• IMG_3665.jpg
    IMG_3665.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_3666.jpg
    IMG_3666.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_3667.jpg
    IMG_3667.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_3669.jpg
    IMG_3669.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_3671.jpg
    IMG_3671.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 645
Man you got lucky finding him after bumping him. How far did he go when you bumped him?

Nice buck

Man you got lucky finding him after bumping him. How far did he go when you bumped him?

Nice buck

maybe 200 yards at the most ...he was almost dead...we watched him stand up and lay right back down 4 times before another smaller buck came over and bumped him out of his bed the first time....that's when we moved in and bumped him..

Good looking buck. How long did it take for the dogs to find him?

well we were gone maybe an hour and half but...while we were walking out one was howling right in the direction the buck was....the buck had to die right after we saw him last cuz he was already stiff as a board when we found him 2 hours later

Nice buck! Where bouts were you out east (closest town)? Glad you got him. Had a buddy in NE lose a doe to a pack of dogs - they ate damn near the whole thing before he got to it.

I appreciate the fact that you went after him in the dark, not like those "sportsmen" on TV that wait till after a good breakfast the next morning and go out to find a buck that only went 50 yards from where they tracked him to the previous evening. Nice deer, better example.

I appreciate the fact that you went after him in the dark, not like those "sportsmen" on TV that wait till after a good breakfast the next morning and go out to find a buck that only went 50 yards from where they tracked him to the previous evening. Nice deer, better example.

Thinking the same thing.
Good job and nice buck!

you know it's strange...I've never understood most of this on tv...maybe it's because I come from Florida where it is prob 70 plus degrees for 90 % of the season...I can only remember leaving one deer overnight without looking for him first...and that was because the game wardens told me we weren't aloud to be in there after dark..(I dont know but I think they were running a sting.. there were about 5 separate trucks there)

finished him up today. pretty happy

Attachments

• 308770_10150365303207522_641047521_8723404_1176534493_n.jpg
    308770_10150365303207522_641047521_8723404_1176534493_n.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 349
Cool, Had a friend leave to get his truck after he and his brother shot a couple of Does. In the short time they were gone 2 Bald Eagles and some Buzzards had eaten the eyes plus started on a hindquarter! Nice Euro! John

I guess I missed this the other day congrats a great buck. Not too far from where I hunt if you would have kept going.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Larkin
Back