colorado sheep

nylogger

Here is some photos from my hunt this fall. I didn't draw this year but got the tag when the tag holder turned it in. I had 2weeks before the season to get it together.

ram002.jpg

ram001.jpg

040.jpg

Wow, that is a great ram. Love the country they live in. There are no easy sheep hunts.

Congratulations on the ram! You did well.

You can thank the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society for getting the DOW to change the regulation about returned tags. Up until a few years ago, returned tags were not reissued, and essentially went to waste. If you're not already a member, you can join here :) :

http://www.bighornsheep.org/

When I applied last spring the plan if drawn was DIY or OYO. Living 2000 miles away limits your options with only 2 weeks notice. Sorry to say it but I had to hire an outfitter. The outfitter then became wounded 100 feet up the trail which began the adventure to be known as the OYO.

Outfitter or not that's a great ram! In light of your circumstances I don't blame you a bit for hiring a guide. Are we going to get the full story?

Bucked off, broke 3 ribs.Many other issues the whole time. Lets just say I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, mostly I just shook my head, and made the most of a bad situation.. The ram measures 16x34 . The biologist that checked him in said for an alpine ram in that unit he was a good one. I don't have the other measurement's what bracket is he in?

Bases of 16" are very good in Colorado. Only 14 of 127 rams harvested in 2009 had 16" bases.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back