Colorado leftover frustration

jmustard

I was 1st in line via phone. They answered right at 0900. BOTH tags were in my cart and verified. I gave them my CC number and then she said "hold on I messed up." I had to give all info again and the tags were gone. She said "the tags got taken out of your cart" . I don't understand how thats possible. I have been trying to call to get customer service and they said that NO tags were on sale because the computers were down. I am not a complainer and a fair person but I want to not get the tags because my own fault, not someone else's. SO FRUSTRATED. I am trying get a hold of a supervisor.

It happens every year, computer issues, you would think they would have it figured out by now! Wait, it's a gov't entity, that would be too much to ask

I was just wondering how hard it is to get tags via phone. I've just always hunted otc if i didn't draw but this year it showed 10 tags on the list for my draw unit. Im guessing they were turned back in. Im hunting WY this year or I would have tried for one. Is it usually hard to get through on the phone?

CPW allows the tags to be placed in multiple peoples carts at the same time. Whoever completes the check out first gets the tag. Last year I had tags in my cart on several different occasions and couldn't complete the checkout process faster than the competition.

It's next to impossible to get tags over the phone. I called on two different phones every second I could from 10 minutes before they went on sale until 45 minutes after. Never did get through. The same thing happens every year: If you're a lucky one you'll get through in the first 10 or 20 seconds. Then immediately after that the systems crash and you can't buy them. They'll come back online about an hour later but the desirable tags are already scooped up by those at the local offices. A handful of guys get one over the phone, but that's maybe 20 guys out of everyone that's calling. I would venture a guess that well over a thousand people are all calling. Best to go into these days with no positive expectations.

I figured I wasn't the only one this has happened to. I just want fair, if I got beat to the punch no worries. With the amount of prep I did for this I feel letdown...

CPW allows the tags to be placed in multiple peoples carts at the same time. Whoever completes the check out first gets the tag. Last year I had tags in my cart on several different occasions and couldn't complete the checkout process faster than the competition.

Yep. I had a unit 40 3rd rifle buck tag in my cart last year but someone checked out before I did. That's just how it goes.

This is why WY went to a draw for leftovers. These scenarios are simply unavoidable in first come first serve systems.

Colorado has a draw for leftovers...what's available today is what's leftover after the leftover draw.

And more importantly, today is where any returned limited tags (on TOP of any remaining 'true' leftovers) are available for the first time - thus the circus.

I called for 40 minutes and then went down to the fly shop just in time for the system to crash when I walked in the door. By the time it was back up, the two cow tags I wanted were gone.

But - with the 'random' additions of returned tags back to the online pool starting tomorrow, there's still a chance of getting one between now and season. I may have to enlist a better IT guy than myself to write a script to automatically poll the leftover page for updates.

But - with the 'random' additions of returned tags back to the online pool starting tomorrow, there's still a chance of getting one between now and season. I may have to enlist a better IT guy than myself to write a script to automatically poll the leftover page for updates.

Like Big Fin, I ride a desk for a living. If I don't hit refresh on the leftover list 10,000 times between now and archery season I'll be surprised. Maybe I'll get lucky. I was last year, lucky enough to snatch a 1 point tag at least.

I like how they started the new OTC with caps concurrent rifle bear tags, but when you try to buy one online it won't validate the code :confused:

I like how they started the new OTC with caps concurrent rifle bear tags, but when you try to buy one online it won't validate the code :confused:

I just did exactly that - I found that it wouldn't validate the code for a Unit after I re-typed it 3-4 times.

Duh! - that was the unit for a cow tag I was trying to get this morning, so I don't hold a deer/elk tag there. But, it DID go through just fine and let me buy my tag for the unit in which I DO hold a deer tag.

I'm shocked that CPW's IT is that good, but there is a ton of quota in the unit that wouldn't validate, so that's what I assume it did.

Luckily - my rifle deer unit is on the list B bear table, so if I do manage to get a cow tag in the other unit, I can still get a bear tag there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back