Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Colorado "Governor's Tag" Raffles

I have to look at my email, I am sure i bought two rounds of tickets so far. I could be confused with another raffle, but were we supposed to receive stubs in the mail? Might buy some more today ...

I have to look at my email, I am sure i bought two rounds of tickets so far. I could be confused with another raffle, but were we supposed to receive stubs in the mail? Might buy some more today ...

They sent you a pic of the tickets via email

You may have noticed in another thread here that the CPW commission last week approved a total of 319 sheep licenses for 2020, a nearly 30% increase since 2011. We continue to search for opportunities to expand sheep populations and increase hunting opportunities in the state. That said, we are just one bad contact between wild and domestic sheep away from another catastrophic die-off. We are probably overdue, to be honest.

I talked to a biologist while checking in my ewe last year in Colorado Springs and she mentioned the Pikes Peaks herd was suffering from rams traveling out of normal territory interacting with domestics.

I talked to a biologist while checking in my ewe last year in Colorado Springs and she mentioned the Pikes Peaks herd was suffering from rams traveling out of normal territory interacting with domestics.
Not an uncommon issue.

Many of you might know how common bighorns are at Garden of the Gods and adjacent areas near Colorado Springs. Last week this domestic sheep report popped up on iNaturalist:

I contacted CPW about the report and they sent this reply:
We are aware of the domestics at the Rock Ledge Ranch where that report came from and have contacted the owner. Our strategy is to maintain separation between the bighorns and the domestics since the domestics are on private property.

You can zoom in on the map and see that Rock Ledge Ranch is immediately adjacent to GoG. CPW is correct. There is nothing they can do about private property except try to educate the owners and encourage them to report bighorns if they show up so that they can be removed. Many people won't make that call because they either don't understand the danger or don't want to see the bighorns killed.

Just curious, how many total tickets are available?
There are 650 available for each rifle and 250 for the optics (about 100 left). The rifles won't come close to selling out. The remaining raffles are unlimited.

I managed to get in on the 1/3 round (have tickets from at least two of the raffles numbered less than No. 00005). I bought several more tickets on 5/1 across a few of the raffles. I won't say the delta in ticket numbers in the last 4 months other than to say I was surprised how good the odds still are!

If I didn't think RMBS was such a great organization and the fact I want to see their donations go up--I'd be keeping my trap shut!

The reason I could never have @Oak 's job... he submits a report and informs CPW.

I would pick up a phone... and... lets just say it would be less productive. Thanks keeping sheep on the mountain @Oak !!

Not an uncommon issue.

Many of you might know how common bighorns are at Garden of the Gods and adjacent areas near Colorado Springs.

I had a friend take a video in a neighborhood of around 20 running through and some huge rams in that area

Here's an article from a few years ago related to the issues I mentioned above. To be clear, the policy to remove bighorns that contact domestics is sound. But I agree with John M. that we need to find a better long term solution.

There is nothing like a RMBS thread to give you the warm and fuzzies and bring you out of your post results day depression.

@theat that is a badass photo.

@Oak how many tags do you all typically sell for the ram, goat, and pronghorn statewide raffle tags? I’m sure demand for the sheep tag is highest.

@Oak how many tags do you all typically sell for the ram, goat, and pronghorn statewide raffle tags? I’m sure demand for the sheep tag is highest.
We usually sell over 4500 sheep tickets. Goat is usually over 1200, and pronghorn 500-600. That's 100-120% higher than when I took over the raffle promotion 8 years ago. Some folks don't like that. I won't mention names, but his initials are @Dinkshooter.

Back