Colorado Back Door

Drew my elk tag! Thanks for this thread. Never knew you could do this.

Looks like I got my rifle elk tag. Not that I wasn't going to. Last year I hunted the same unit on a leftover. The one that surprised me is it looks like I did not get my archery deer tag. I applied to a unit with a 2014 min PP rating of 0. Figured I had a pretty good chance. Struck out on a pronghorn tag as well. Oh well. Time to look at the OTC options.

Just out of curiosity how many points did you have to get this tag firefranco?

Have any of you guys seen where the back door way of seeing if you got drawn was inaccurate? My niece applied for a youth December cow tag (she turns 12 in December) and according to the back door she doesn't have an elk license on file. She should of drew no problem with this tag. Maybe it's not final till the official results come out I hope. If so going to have one bummed out little girl.

Have any of you guys seen where the back door way of seeing if you got drawn was inaccurate? My niece applied for a youth December cow tag (she turns 12 in December) and according to the back door she doesn't have an elk license on file. She should of drew no problem with this tag. Maybe it's not final till the official results come out I hope. If so going to have one bummed out little girl.

I have only seen it wrong when the whole drawing got screwed up a few year back. Does she have a 400 code for elk, meaning they have her elk on file?
If she didn't draw, it's no big deal for youth. you can buy them a different season in the same unit and then just use that tag for the late season. I did this for my boys all the time.

Now that I have my apps in figured I'd stop in here and get an idea of when I can get a sneak peak. Should be a gimme but its going to be a long month and a half.

Tough to draw as 2nd choice. Fingers crossed for elk .

Just look and see these posts are from last year 2016

Last edited:
Winter has hit CO deer hard in some zones and winter kill can happen for several more weeks there. A lot of upper tier deer units will be impacted in a few states for the next several years as recovery can be slow even if get a few mild winters in a row. Fawns have died the past few months, pregnant does and mature bucks, too. Will put additional application pressure on the better units that are not hit hard.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back