Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Colorado 2023... here we go!

I agree, hurry up already, I have plans to make! I thought evening before last when the website was “down for scheduled maintenance” that good news must be coming soon… so much for that. I can only assume they are quadruple, checking everything to not end up in a pickle with Montana.

I’m expecting only disappointment for my deer tag hopes here in the NW Corner after this winter and subsequent tag cuts. At least they didn’t cut the bear tags so I have that going for me! Might end up being a bear and grouse type of fall here in the ‘boat.

Thanks, I need to do my AZ app and need to see how CO plays out as I should have drawn it. Ready for a successful draw app. Lol
I should draw too. Curious if the nw reduction spooked folks enough to shift ppl to affect Eastern plains pronghorn and non nw statewide mule deer. The official reduction wasn't announced until well after draw deadline so it was pure speculation come application deadline

Tons of people will will hit that "return tag" button when they find out the animals aren't there. Who wants to go on an antelope or deer hunt where you expect to see hundreds of bucks, and are only going to see a handful of animals this time around? Some of the tag cuts are 90%.
So if the tag cuts are 90% why would the remaining 10% rush to return their tags if they draw? Yes, the number of animals dropped significantly, but so did the competition for those that survived.

So if the tag cuts are 90% why would the remaining 10% rush to return their tags if they draw? Yes, the number of animals dropped significantly, but so did the competition for those that survived.
You’d be surprised…

The return-reissue process has gotten out of hand.

It started as reissuing sheep/goat/moose tags which are awarded in a lottery, meaning there is no guarantee you will draw again if you return the tag, to reissuing elk/deer/pronghorn which are awarded via preference points meaning folks can pretty accurately estimate when they will draw again if they return.

Effect is people draw-> scout -> return

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back