Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado 2023... here we go!

MtnElk

Colorado application season start tomorrow and for me, that officially kicks off my hunting year - which is exciting.

It's been a really long 3 months since my last hunt ended and I am eager to put 2022 behind me. I've got to say I am pretty stoked on what my 2023 Colorado season is going to look like, especially when I also win one of the RMBS raffles in late May (Buy your tickets here!). I've spent a good amount of time since the start of the year researching where I want to go and when, and based on my available points and residency status, my hunts are all but locked in (famous last words).

Let's just hope this years hunts go a hell of a lot better than last years... would be nice to finish the season with a full freezer, but excited for the chase as much as an anything!

Who else has their CO strategy set and ready to be turned in tomorrow on "opening day"?

I've got 2 more points then was needed in 2022 to draw the antelope tag I plan on applying for so that should be a sure thing. I could probably draw the 1st rifle elk tag I'm after this year but think I'll wait till next year when drawing is a sure thing I also like the early season dates for 2024 better. Sitting at 5 deer points chasing 79 3rd season the new high demand allocation will probably kick in before I catch it making it even harder considering giving up and taking a 2nd rifle tag not sure yet.

i'm dialed in on the app plan. i think.

wyoming general is going to be the show though. will basically hunt it till i fill it, starting with archery and ending on rifle cow if that's what it comes to.

colorado is primarily just going to be a 4th rifle buck tag and a december cow tag.

may the random odds be in my favor on wyoming and colorado pronghorn.

i'll apply for the special in wyoming for pronghorn instead if someone buys my Seek Outside condensation dome.

I'm allergic to turning in my app more than two days out from the deadline, which means I have another month to change my mind endlessly...

I'll for sure apply for an archery deer, something like 50% odds with no points, I'm torn on Pronghorn, I could draw the archery tag I want, but my calendar is also pretty busy and I don't actually want to draw that one when I have elk to hunt, I'll probably keep applying for a hard to get rifle tag in the hybrid draw until I have way too many points and burn them on something that takes 5 less than I have if the past is any indicator...

Elk I accidentally found myself in no mans land by hunting OTC the last while, I have 4 points and the tag I want to draw is 50% with one, I don't know if I can make myself burn extra points, I may draw the best tag I can use all my points on just so I don't "waste" any points but am rid of them so I feel better about applying for the no points hunt I'm excited about these days, or I may keep putting in for hunts that I for sure won't draw and keep trying to get lucky on the turned in list to get the tag I actually want...

Also thanks to @TOGIE I'm going to start referring to all teepees as "condensation domes"

Condensation Cones. They’re condensation cones. 😆Plus, alliteration is awesome.

Last edited:
My focus will be a WY general elk tag for both archery and rifle (hope to draw with 5pts), so first choice will be points for CO along with hunting some long weekends in CO with 2nd choice, reissue, or OTC tags.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back