Colorado 2023... here we go!

So I've unfortunately earned the title of official app helper to my core group of hunting buddies. Anytime there's questions or someone needs help they bring it to me they call me the "rain man" of hunting stats in reverence I assume. Anyway thought I'd share a conversation with my friend this morning. I swear to God two of them always wait till the last day and never remember any step of the process.View attachment 270900View attachment 270902
i love helping buddies then they argue with you over how the system works (or doesn't)

So I've unfortunately earned the title of official app helper to my core group of hunting buddies. Anytime there's questions or someone needs help they bring it to me they call me the "rain man" of hunting stats in reverence I assume. Anyway thought I'd share a conversation with my friend this morning. I swear to God two of them always wait till the last day and never remember any step of the process.View attachment 270900View attachment 270902
This would personally make me question hunting with them 🤣

This would personally make me question hunting with them 🤣
I wouldn't do it for just anyone. The guy in the text spent 8 days in 2020 helping me and my nephew fill our elk tags with no tag of hus own. He carried probably 2/3 of my nephew's bull out himself. Great guy nobody I'd rather have on the mountain always positive and laughing. But I wouldn't let him touch my apps with a 10 foot pole.

I wouldn't do it for just anyone. The guy in the text spent 8 days in 2020 helping me and my nephew fill our elk tags with no tag of hus own. He carried probably 2/3 of my nephew's bull out himself. Great guy nobody I'd rather have on the mountain always positive and laughing. But I wouldn't let him touch my apps with a 10 foot pole.
I was mostly kidding, my neighbor and really good friend is fun to hunt with, but EVERYTHING is on me. He's asked me for the codes 5x and just got his app in last night. He won't do any e-scouting, but he's got a great attitude and will work his ass off once we are there. I guess to every ying there is a yang ha

I was up late last night coordinating with my hunting party. Scrambling to modify our deer apps. Even applying last night it felt too close to the deadline!

i put all my apps in on opening app day, i was set, i knew my plan. then my wife asked me why i'm not trying to go to wisconsin this year to hunt her families place for whitetail. i started texting extended family members about a plan, we started looking at plane tickets, and my MIL started texting her sister about a trip. that threw me into a downright tizzy that did right there yep

Put my archery elk app in last night with 3 points. At 73 years old, this is most likely an OIL hunt.

My wife is now looking for VRBO's in the area. This is our agreement. I'll come off the mountain and spend time with her during the muzzleloader part of the season. Should be fun.

I have helped a lot of friends over the years, understand the different systems, remind them of apps and help them through the rope of confusion as a new applicant, but unfortunately those buddies have either moved away and lost interest in hunting because of not being able to get time off of work (not making it a priority, like the vast majority of us) or I have taken the gamble to hunt with them and have them be negative and uninvited to hunt with to the point that now I still
Help them and we are friends but just realize we aren’t really friends that are compatible for hunting. So I now either hunt with my guiding buddies, myself or my wife when we actually have an opportunity to.

Guess who forgot to get there preference points for this year? I just jumped online to see when it was do, missed it by 2 hours. That sucked!

i had a dream last night that i drew two sheep tags, i think one was colorado and one was like some special alaska permit or something.

i was scared to post it on the forum because i was certain some high bonus points holders in colorado would kidnap and murder me.

anyway, the sheep and goat draw is next week. i'm not expecting any of that to actually happen.... although, the kidnapping and murdering is probably statistically more likely than than drawing, but ironically you'd need to draw for that to happen.

i had a dream last night that i drew two sheep tags, i think one was colorado and one was like some special alaska permit or something.

i was scared to post it on the forum because i was certain some high bonus points holders in colorado would kidnap and murder me.

anyway, the sheep and goat draw is next week. i'm not expecting any of that to actually happen.... although, the kidnapping and murdering is probably statistically more likely than than drawing, but ironically you'd need to draw for that to happen.
Wouldn't that be amazing! The sheep tags, not the kidnapping. That would be very sad.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back