Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

CO Secondary Draw CC Charge Early!

what did your son put in for? if it was flattops bull i guarantee you he got it, flattops cow there is a pretty good chance

He put in for the first rifle season bull as a youth. I called the CPW and they confirmed he will be slated for the youth draw which is 100% pref for youth. Fingers crossed; I have so many places marked for glassing and many more to mark, but am holding off until I get the tag.

The only thing is I noticed you are from CO, but he's a nonresident from Alabama. I forget if your resident status matters or not. Anyway, too late for that to matter.

My card got charged and I’m refreshing my email and the site every 5 minutes, based off the pending charges I went from a bear and an elk tag to a bear, two elk, a deer and an antelope tag.. not too shabby! But yeah, I’d like to know which dang season and unit I got!

He put in for the first rifle season bull as a youth. I called the CPW and they confirmed he will be slated for the youth draw which is 100% pref for youth. Fingers crossed; I have so many places marked for glassing and many more to mark, but am holding off until I get the tag.

The only thing is I noticed you are from CO, but he's a nonresident from Alabama. I forget if your resident status matters or not. Anyway, too late for that to matter.

Yeah don’t worry. He’s got it. resident or non resident won’t make a difference since its all random.

Reactions: JAG
Applied for cow b tags and bull tags in the flat tops, 3 of us applied, one is a youth. Applied for cows for our first choices and bulls for our 2nd's. I got a bull and the kid got one tag, so guessing a bull because that was his 2nd choice as well as mine, but don't know for sure yet.

Well... unsuccessful on the cow tag but drew the doe tag that was supposed to be a tag to go along with the cow tag. Oh well...

Got an email from Colorado at 9:27am this morning that the kid got a cow tag and I got the bull tag. Still waiting to see if my brother got a cow tag or a bull tag.

Missed out on my first choice doe (a tag that I've been able to pick up on leftover day for over a decade!). However, I'm looking forward to exploring somewhere new with my second choice doe tag.

Woot! This is my first season hunting elk in CO. I've been a non-hunting resident for 22 years. I hunted whitetail deer as a teenager in western PA, which was 30 odd years ago. So this will be my first hunting in 30 years. Drew (from Secondary Draw) a cow tag in unit #371. I guess it's time to do some hiking! (Haha, I already have fantastic fitness, being a long time trail runner and mt biker). I'm really excited!

Drew an elk tag...but since July 7th my work schedule made a 180 and I will likely have to turn it in...

my season is set as:
1st rifle - Bull tag
2nd rifle - Buck tag
3rd rifle - Doe (m.deer) tag
4th rifle - Cow tag
Late Rifle - Doe (pronghorn) tag

did not pull WY antelope this year, so i guess i'll have few open weekends for some small game/upland in Oct/Nov

what did your son put in for? if it was flattops bull i guarantee you he got it, flattops cow there is a pretty good chance

Well, he got it...and there's still 1,503 tags left for that unit in 1st Rifle. I thought it would have been a little harder to get...lots to learn. Anyway, still thrilled to be going to Colorado's second largest wilderness area with my boys. We will be bringing fishing poles.

There are only 4 cow tags left for the same season. Seems they are harder to get, why is that?

Well, he got it...and there's still 1,503 tags left for that unit in 1st Rifle. I thought it would have been a little harder to get...lots to learn. Anyway, still thrilled to be going to Colorado's second largest wilderness area with my boys. We will be bringing fishing poles.

There are only 4 cow tags left for the same season. Seems they are harder to get, why is that?

For starters there should be fewer cow tags available. And at least my perspective is that a first rifle cow tag is a hot commodity. People also really want to have a bull and cow tag to increase their odds.

Reactions: JAG
Back