CO leftover list is available

100% agree, which is why I am on the list every week and why a ton of people are but with regulations state that tags that require 5 pts or more are offered to the next person in line, the issue is that they lose there points and reissues don’t. Therefore they decide to spend points and have more time and thus ‘free’ 20pt tags abound. So far like 20 this year.
People are afraid of failure and have to plan things out. I think its kind of funny that they planned to draw a tag (why else apply) then it falls in their lap, but are too afraid to pull the trigger, or maybe just can't get the time off, or schedule conflict or what ever.

I do agree that there is some slop in there, but I like that it keeps it interesting too. I'm sadly out of vacation time by the time LO tags start rolling around. One year the stars will align and I'll make it happen.

I like the reissue process. I liked it even better before this year, but it's still been good to me. It's one of the highlights of my workweek.
You’ve got to be a masochist to like this process

• Haha
Reactions: LCH
I didn't get one today.

Got a pronghorn one couple weeks ago, along with a pile of deer tags in past years.

The system promotes slop, people applying for hunts the won't go on, and it makes it doesn't take people out of the draw. In a super strict system people aren't as carefree about applying for hunts.
The tag I’m referring to took 22 pts for NR to draw and I’m nit sure for R but prolly upwards of that. I can’t imagine anyone “slopping” applying for a tag that took a decade plus to draw. Surely they had to think that through? I think we misunderstood each other. My question was really why would 9 ppl turn in a tag that literally took 20 yrs to draw or even the 76 tags? 76 has had a multitude of muzzy archery and now first rifle tags turned in. I was thinking maybe else something w the actual units was going on? I’ve played the reissue game many yrs and never saw that many tags turned in for such high profile units. To answer your question though I’d much rather take a 10-15 tag w literally a week to escout vs a lower tier tag w months to research. I’ve picked up several reissue tags in the past with little time to research and had great success. But I do get the arguement beyind having all summer to scout. In most NR cases though that’s irrelevant. I’ve never had the luxury of really getting to that from Alabama.

I like the reissue process. I liked it even better before this year, but it's still been good to me. It's one of the highlights of my workweek.
I like it too. I really liked the random tue-fri a lot better though.
I’ve picked up tags these past 6 years and just keep building points. Maybe I’ll burn the points next year, maybe I’ll gain another point and play the reissue game again.

Reactions: LCH
The tag I’m referring to took 22 pts for NR to draw and I’m nit sure for R but prolly upwards of that. I can’t imagine anyone “slopping” applying for a tag that took a decade plus to draw. Surely they had to think that through? I think we misunderstood each other. My question was really why would 9 ppl turn in a tag that literally took 20 yrs to draw or even the 76 tags? 76 has had a multitude of muzzy archery and now first rifle tags turned in. I was thinking maybe else something w the actual units was going on? I’ve played the reissue game many yrs and never saw that many tags turned in for such high profile units. To answer your question though I’d much rather take a 10-15 tag w literally a week to escout vs a lower tier tag w months to research. I’ve picked up several reissue tags in the past with little time to research and had great success. But I do get the arguement beyind having all summer to scout. In most NR cases though that’s irrelevant. I’ve never had the luxury of really getting to that from Alabama.
People turn in tags for lots of reason, maybe they just didn’t see a big one scouting. With point creep lots of people with 20+ point hoping for unit 201/10 etc might decide to shop around in lower tier units.
You might be too far behind the creep to get unit 10 but have enough points to ‘hunt’ 76 for a number of years (summers).

When those folks turn back in the tag no one is ‘charged’ for points so it just exacerbates point creep. Someone needs to lose points for every tag hunted.

I like it too. I really liked the random tue-fri a lot better though.
I’ve picked up tags these past 6 years and just keep building points. Maybe I’ll burn the points next year, maybe I’ll gain another point and play the reissue game again.
I like this new process more strictly because it focuses it all into a couple defined hours. Before I was constantly checking...which was fun in a way also but much more exhausting.

People are afraid of failure and have to plan things out. I think its kind of funny that they planned to draw a tag (why else apply) then it falls in their lap, but are too afraid to pull the trigger, or maybe just can't get the time off, or schedule conflict or what ever.

I do agree that there is some slop in there, but I like that it keeps it interesting too. I'm sadly out of vacation time by the time LO tags start rolling around. One year the stars will align and I'll make it happen.
I was a clicking SOB yesterday trying to make it happen. My wife is trying to make some work scheduling and I keep making her wait each week as these reissue tags keep rolling. I did pick up a second antelope tag for my buddy. Between my wife, buddy and I we will have some good eats from antelope season. We have picked up 3 antelope tags from Reissue this year, plus I picked up a deer tag. Still got time for an interesting Elk tag though. This year I won't be grabbing my OTC tag until the day Wednesday before season.

If I could just get a deer tag I’d be happy. I’ve had it two different weeks saying add to cart and it’s gone before I can add. Surely the ppl trying to get tags is dwindling down now

If I could just get a deer tag I’d be happy. I’ve had it two different weeks saying add to cart and it’s gone before I can add. Surely the ppl trying to get tags is dwindling down now
Don't think so either. My brother's new son in law can't figure out where to go and how to do it. If he can't get passed the login screen, I am struggling with thoughts of just sharing camp with the guy, let alone the brain damage of walking him through the process. Plus he would be going for the same tags in future years possibly. Going to keep it to myself!

Those 20+ point elk tags were a surprise to see. A couple years ago when the fire was in that unit, there was like 15 or more that popped up one day for the same unit.

I have a screenshot from that day, assuming we're talking the same unit. There were 31 unit 61 first rifle bull tags that hit the list at once. Pretty insane.

I have a screenshot from that day, assuming we're talking the same unit. There were 31 unit 61 first rifle bull tags that hit the list at once. Pretty insane.
When I saw them, I couldn’t believe how many were there. I had a screen shot also, and sent it to a couple buddies that day.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zjzeuske
Back