Yeti GOBOX Collection

Climate Change

giphy.gif
I wasn't talking about weather. mtmuley

The melting of all but 25 glaciers, along with the shrinking of the remaining 25, should be evidence enough. We don't need to predict the minute the last ice cube melts to understand the trend.

The melting of all but 25 glaciers, along with the shrinking of the remaining 25, should be evidence enough. We don't need to predict the minute the last ice cube melts to understand the trend.

I agree, but they set themselves up to be ridiculed by people with no understanding of their discipline by making such a specific prediction.

Doctor: " I'm going to give it to you straight, all the most advanced cat scans, MRIs, Xrays, and blood work all show this disease is killing you. You only have a short time to start this treatment to save your life. All of our studies, tests and trials with the most modern medicine, science and technology back up this course of action"..
Patient: "That's bullshit doc, see? My elbow is just fine."

In the area that would become Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park, ice advanced and retreated until probably melting completely about 12,000 years ago. During the ice advances, the lower valleys were filled with glaciers and only the very tops of the higher peaks were visible. The "rivers of ice" sculpted the mountains and valleys into a variety of landforms associated with major alpine and valley glacial action.

Interesting history and to think after completely melting it resurged again with glaciers only to melt again...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back