Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Climate Change

Getting a little upset? Explain the Medieval warm period? Go google it and get back to me with an explanation please and thank you.

What does me working in the construction field have to do with any of this? Are you a scientist?
I AM a scientist, a geologist.

You don't need to Google it... the answer to every question you've asked is located the same damn page that's been linked quoted a dozen times.
1579048589406.png

If you want to talk about the Little Ice Age
1579048758495.png

I AM a scientist, a geologist.

You don't need to Google it... the answer to every question you've asked is located the same damn page that's been linked quoted a dozen times.
View attachment 125443

If you want to talk about the Little Ice Age
View attachment 125447
So I don't see why humans are being blamed "most of these climate changes are due to" the word most means they have no clue. It could be all, but they don't know.

You can't argue that sponsors usually receive the answer they hope for. Something about don't bite the hand that feeds you. There's over 30k scientists that don't agree with the climate change movement or whatever we're gonna call it. What I'm getting at is; no one knows why the earth is warming up. But for now, it's nothing abnormal. People get too worried about stuff and instantly think the world will end

The parallels between DIY / Public Land Hunt forum banter and PEW Research regarding "Climate Change". A fair read, for those interested.

lots more interesting posts
My one statement still stands about climate policies well I think so anyway lol
The USA cant be responsible for all of this issue any any climate agreement that penalizes us and lets other countries pollute as much as possible for the next 10, 20 or 30 yrs due to the fact they are not as developed makes no sense
And like it or not fossil fuels can not be lived without at this point, and to many in power have more interest in an agenda and $ from others that have an agenda than any real solutions
So what can we do wind and solar cant fix this nuclear is a good alternative but has problems too esp. with many on left ,Im not the most ejamakated about this but read a lot and we should be accountable as a country and do our best for the planet and I think we are doing alot better then we did in the 70s but once again only about 1/2 of the world is even trying to do anything or even held accountable for their actions
I dont have answers but do know hypocrisy when I see it . Like making tens of millions of dollars flying around the world in a private jet spouting to everyone else to stop using fossil fuels or putting in a book a great thing would be for gas to be 6 $ a gallon so people would use less when your worth 100 million $ not even thinking on how that would hurt so many folks

People need to lead by example. Those who are so certain that man is the reason for climate change need to start. Have a big pickup truck? By a prius, you don't need that truck. Got a home over 1400 sq feet? Shut down and stop heating parts of it. no one needs a big house. Need a new roof? Install solar shingles. Install a windmill in your yard. Stop buying any product that you say is blame for the problem. Whatever it takes, but take the lead and show everyone how it's done and others will follow sooner or later. I just don't want it shoved in my face like the new green deal.

People need to lead by example. Those who are so certain that man is the reason for climate change need to start. Have a big pickup truck? By a prius, you don't need that truck. Got a home over 1400 sq feet? Shut down and stop heating parts of it. no one needs a big house. Need a new roof? Install solar shingles. Install a windmill in your yard. Stop buying any product that you say is blame for the problem. Whatever it takes, but take the lead and show everyone how it's done and others will follow sooner or later. I just don't want it shoved in my face like the new green deal.
People are sheep. They need to be told what to do. It's for their own good anyway. ;)

Agree with the sentiment.

That said an important thing to keep is this old symbol and the three R's. Reduce is number one for a reason. It's actually better to keep your big truck and drive it to 300,000 miles than it is to buy a prius. Though to your point, when it is time to upgrade go with item that is the greenest (although that might in reality be the most durable one).

1579104569869.png

There are plenty of people leading by example. I'm no saint on the issue, but I can't count the number of times someone has "rolled coal" in my face when cycling to work. Individuals' decisions have negligible effect on a problem that needs global and systemic solutions.

Little levity for all the minds changing, one post at a time...

@rjthehunter, you see RJ the hunt talk community is a bunch of climate warriors ;)

Can't decide if Vek, hank4elk, or wapitiBob is the biggest commie tree hugger.... tough call...

GD if you can't take the time to click on a couple of links get-the-f-out.
View attachment 125433

NASA ain't full of a bunch of people who work a full time job as a building contractor and dabble in climate debates on a hunting forum. They're actually experts at this shit.

And they are a variety of people from conservatives who love Trump to liberals who don't. In general they are good people doing good work.

And they are a variety of people from conservatives who love Trump to liberals who don't. In general they are good people doing good work.
This has also been my experience in various fields. My wife and I feel like the medical field in CO and the OG industry in CO are pretty similar is this regard.

This has also been my experience in various fields. My wife and I feel like the medical field in CO and the OG industry in CO are pretty similar is this regard.

I was really just trying to head off the conspiracy theorists who will tell you that they are government pawns who are just doing what the government tells them too and there is no way to get any truth out of NASA or the EPA or any information that doesn't fall in line with their thinking.

The problem with that line of thought is that all those people who work for those agencies are made up of people like you and me. For the most part, they are just regular people and in general, good people. And when you get enough people in a group, a secret can't be kept, especially if it's a big cover up or something. Still someone won't be able to reason that out.

For everyone else, there is some good information on climate change on NASA's site. I'm not sure how much of it is really due to man, but I'm sure some of it is. People didn't think we could cause a dark haze over LA, destroy the Bison herds, create the dust bowl, etc.

Is there a graph, pie chart, or venn diagram for the efficacy of conscience shaming?

Asking for a friend...

we always tried to help where we could. We never bought wine in cardboard containers and the cork from the bottles were recycled into fishing bobbers. The wine also worked as a sleeping/pain relief pill, which eliminated us buying sleeping/pain pills in plastic containers All by ourselves we have given mother earth a few more hours to live. Oh I forgot, by cremating , we will not be putting a variety of different materials into mother earth. Just thinking about this makes me want me to toast our efforts with a glass of wine.

Harley, This doesn't really fit this thread, but for some reason I keep thinking about "Old dogs, Children and watermelon wine" if it was Friday and the theme was dogs, children, wine or climate control, I would ask you to post it up for me (-:

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back