Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

climate change convention

View attachment 111444
Essentially your average “red” state voter who has never left his/her home state and drives a huge truck has just a tiny fraction of the carbon footprint of your typical urbanite who has been to Europe a couple of times.

Al Gore likely has the same carbon foot print as all the residents of Miles City combined.

Full disclosure... my carbon footprint is huge.
Al is already a good customer of my carbon capture facility.

20190705_084538.jpg

For a modest annual sum wllm, you can sleep easy knowing that your carbon footprint can be reduced to a carbon neutral rating. :)

Al is already a good customer of my carbon capture facility.

View attachment 111456

For a modest annual sum wllm, you can sleep easy knowing that your carbon footprint can be reduced to a carbon neutral rating. :)

I’m more of a blue spruce/ white fir guy... can you capture my carbon with some of those.

Humans will never self control their reproduction on a large scale.

There are a couple open source population modeling programs out there you can play with on the interwebs.

I did a bunch of modeling for a class in college and the big take away is that spacing generations is way more important that number of children, i.e if people have kids at 30 instead of 20 there will be way fewer total people in the planet.

My last transatlantic flight was to Africa for a conference on mining. Had to mine and sell an extra 600 tons of coal that month to pay for the flight alone. While there for the week I never ate anything that didn't have a face and shot a bushbuck after driving around a ranch for a few hours in a diesel hilux. That one has to be a chart buster?

There are a couple open source population modeling programs out there you can play with on the interwebs.

I did a bunch of modeling for a class in college and the big take away is that spacing generations is way more important that number of children, i.e if people have kids at 30 instead of 20 there will be way fewer total people in the planet.

Yes, and with rising incomes and education levels globally people are having children later and later (and fewer). I did my part, waited til 34 to have kids. My dad was 40 when I was born.

And now I'm going to go ahead and give my daily stumping for nuclear, the only low carbon, reliable, long term energy source capable of providing baseload power. Any large scale climate change mitigation plan that doesn't include it is a watermelon fantasy or doomed to fail. Thank you for your time and attention.

Yes, and with rising incomes and education levels globally people are having children later and later (and fewer). I did my part, waited til 34 to have kids. My dad was 40 when I was born.

And now I'm going to go ahead and give my daily stumping for nuclear, the only low carbon, reliable, long term energy source capable of providing baseload power. Any large scale climate change mitigation plan that doesn't include it is a watermelon fantasy or doomed to fail. Thank you for your time and attention.

It's actually pretty startling when you look at numbers, this assumes 50/50 boys/girls, everyone finds a partner, and universal mortality at age 70, and that you just had twins and triplets.

It's not accurate but demonstrates the concept. This is why you see people in the public health sphere talk about trying to raise incomes and education levels rather than advocating for families to have less children. Spacing is a far more important variable.

Do I get a sticker to put on my prius so that everyone knows I better than them?

They should already know you’re better just because it’s a Prius. Obviously that’s why it’s ok to pull out in front of others and drive like an inconsiderate prick...

The graph is pretty telling.

Instead of encouraging people to have children by providing tax credits and looking to make childcare free, and increase paid maternity leave, should we not be looking at taxing people for having children.
This makes logical sense, just based on consumption of public resources.
Then you look at carbon footprint...
I mean, if you believe in a carbon tax, which many on the left claim to, that looks like the place to implement one.

Instead, some brave climate warriors want free public preschool, a $5k cash payment when people have kids, larger tax credits, etc..
Government policy should not encourage people to have children.

Having kids also influences the income gap. Have less of them. It’s just good biz.

Overpopulation of the species (humans) is the largest factor in climate change. Without discussing how we keep from overrunning our planet like rats, we'll never be able to solve the underlying issue. Sex Education, free birth control, single-payer healthcare to make these things affordable for the lower income sector which generally reproduces at higher rates than more affluent people, etc. Want to save the planet? Wrap that jimmy!

Welcome to team Thanos, Gomer.

Overpopulation of the species (humans) is the largest factor in climate change. Without discussing how we keep from overrunning our planet like rats, we'll never be able to solve the underlying issue. Sex Education, free birth control, single-payer healthcare to make these things affordable for the lower income sector which generally reproduces at higher rates than more affluent people, etc. Want to save the planet? Wrap that jimmy!

Welcome to team Thanos, Gomer.

View attachment 111458

Ben Lamb, the free Trojan man.
Hell of a jingle to it.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaska2Montana
Back