Christmas is looking expensive this year

Considering it will only fit him for about 6 to 12 months, I'd probably have Santa leave him a note apologizing for lack of Sitka products.

"Due to Covid lockdowns at the North Pole, the Elves were not able to keep up with the world wide wish list demand. The Elves expect to be caught up on Sitka gear in about 11 years :) Please except all this other gear as a replacement until then."

Merry Christmas Santa

My son is enjoying his Status set this year with Heavy weight hoody. With some good baselayers and puffy he been really comfortable. By the time he grows out of them...which will most likely be next week...i can pass them along to someone else's kid to enjoy.

Sorry, but for a 5-year-old we would start taking hunting trips to the local thrift stores. He can enjoy the annual hunt for some good affordable outer clothing, and next spring you can put it on his account to resell it since it will no longer fit. You can then take his earnings and start looking for the next years clothing. He will have fun, he will learn about budgets and he will find out that there's lots of great clothing out there at affordable prices if you look hard enough.

This reminds me of when our son wanted Air Jordan basketball shoes. At the time I was still playing basketball in a few leagues, while wearing New Balance shoes.

My explanation to him was that he would outgrow the Air Jordans in a few months and that we would not be spending more on his shoes than the shoes I was playing in.

Money spent on a five year old child's camo hunting cloths would be far better saved for his education, imo.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back