Chinese surveillance balloon over Montana?

Aaww, @noharleyyet you deleted your response to my post before I could post this article. Im guessing that you now do believe that there were several Chinese spy balloons that crossed the US during Trumps time in office. At least this time the military spotted it before they had already passed by. I don't blame Trump for that happening, just like I don't blame Biden for following the recommendations of the military to wait to shoot it down. Just another case of one side attacking the other to further their own political ambitions to the detriment of our country. Both sides do it, and its disgusting. From what the head of NORAD has to say, it sounds like they got some good info about Chinese tech by monitoring the balloon.

67380169-11718373-image-a-4_1675697418107.jpg

The only reason this one was pointed out is because someone in Billings got it on camera. Who knows how many have flown over the US the last 20 years, but I do think the government would never tell us exactly how many have, no matter which party was/is in office.

Aaww, @noharleyyet you deleted your response to my post before I could post this article. Im guessing that you now do believe that there were several Chinese spy balloons that crossed the US during Trumps time in office. At least this time the military spotted it before they had already passed by. I don't blame Trump for that happening, just like I don't blame Biden for following the recommendations of the military to wait to shoot it down. Just another case of one side attacking the other to further their own political ambitions to the detriment of our country. Both sides do it, and its disgusting. From what the head of NORAD has to say, it sounds like they got some good info about Chinese tech by monitoring the balloon.

View attachment 263669
Have you read Bolton's remarks? Bolton didn't say it didn't happen, he said he, as Nat'l Security Advisor, wasn't told.

Should we be mad at Trump if he wasn't briefed? Are you trying to claim some kind of gotcha?

I'm not mad at the addlepated puppet in the WH...it is what it is.

Last edited:
The only reason this one was pointed out is because someone in Billings got it on camera. Who knows how many have flown over the US the last 20 years, but I do think the government would never tell us exactly how many have, no matter which party was/is in office.
And if it wasn't caught on camera, it never would have been shot down. We deserve some honest answers.

Have you read Bolton's remarks? Bolton didn't say it didn't happen, he said he, as Nat'l Security Advisor, wasn't told.

Should we be mad at Trump if he wasn't briefed? Are you trying to claim some kind of gotcha?

I'm not mad at the addlepated puppet in the WH...it is what it is.

I have read Boltons comments. Several people in this thread have stated that Biden is lying about the previous balloons and that is what you were insinuating in your post. I pretty plainly stated that I don't blame trump. Not a gotcha, actually the opposite of a gotcha. I just hate the political environment we find ourselves in where no matter what happens one side or the other has to turn it into a "gotcha moment". Hell, you can't even make a comment about our current President without throwing an insult. I'm not a fan of either Trump or Biden and am willing to call them both out on mistakes or bad decisions, but I also don't feel the need to insult either of them any time they are brought up. All we are doing in that case is making ourself look weak and divided, and in my opinion shows more about our character than it does about the people we insult.

We deserve some honest answers.
Why? All governments spy on each other and none of them blab about what they're doing to their citizens. The old adage, "Never let them know what you know" is critical when dealing with advocacies. Anything they tell us they are also telling the Chinese, the Russians. the Iranians and everyone else in the world. Just because you're scared of something floating overhead, doesn't mean the government has to give up even a tiny bit of information about to what it is doing in the intelligence / counterintelligence game.

And if it wasn't caught on camera, it never would have been shot down. We deserve some honest answers.
Maybe we have them (honest answers). How would you know otherwise?

I suspect the ruskies and the chinese will be sending balloons and all manner of stuff, just to troll us for fun and stir up trouble. They don't have to be anything more than party balloons or maybe some whales or porpoises tagged with transmitters. Or paper airplanes even. We are sure to make a mess out of it on social media, much to their delight. We ARE the low hanging fruit...

Why? All governments spy on each other and none of them blab about what they're doing to their citizens. The old adage, "Never let them know what you know" is critical when dealing with advocacies. Anything they tell us they are also telling the Chinese, the Russians. the Iranians and everyone else in the world. Just because you're scared of something floating overhead, doesn't mean the government has to give up even a tiny bit of information about to what it is doing in the intelligence / counterintelligence game.
If you think our government is doing a bang up job here, I guess that is all that truly matters.

If you think our government is doing a bang up job here, I guess that is all that truly matters.
Don't know how good a job they are doing. Don't even know what they are doing. And I realize that I may be the only person on the planet with an internet connection that doesn't know more about it than the professionals doing it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back