MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Chinese surveillance balloon over Montana?

Interesting that F22 has "publicly stated" ceiling of 60K which I doubt is actual. The sidewinders can easily make up any of the range distances to the balloon. Lets say 20,000 feet, less than 4 miles, hard to believe its out of range.....

As for the later "objects", don't fighters have guns anymore? Why shoot a $400K missile?

As for the later "objects", don't fighters have guns anymore? Why shoot a $400K missile?
a10s and apache can't fly high enough and top-level jets have no need since any real combat for them will be done dozens of miles apart, not by close in dog fights.

a10s and apache can't fly high enough and top-level jets have no need since any real combat for them will be done dozens of miles apart, not by close in dog fights.
But one would think that a simple, close fly-by would tear them apart and send them down. Of course, I know zip about high-altitude planes of any kind.

A quick google search and yes, they do have a Vulcan on board. Seems like it would be a better choice over the missile but what do I know. Maybe it's the ammo shortage, I haven't tried to by any 20mm rounds lately but I bet they are hard to come by,

A quick google search and yes, they do have a Vulcan on board. Seems like it would be a better choice over the missile but what do I know. Maybe it's the ammo shortage, I haven't tried to by any 20mm rounds lately but I bet they are hard to come by,
I am not jet fighter expert, but it wouldn't surprise me if when flying at the speed needed to maintain that high of an altitude you could run into issues of over taking your own bullets.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back