"China bans trade, eating of wild animals in battle against coronavirus"

Stuff like this often makes me think that some unseen guiding force in the universe is trying to get us, the collective all of us, to take seriously the need to take care of this place and its flora and fauna. Not only disease but hell even the dove population in Texas disappeared more than ever could be thought! I'm saying this all tongue in check, but ….. wondering ….

If they is a silver lining to this if it helps wild animals in China or even slows down poaching in Africa that is a good thing. Plus with all the factories shut down for the last six weeks the air quality has to be doing better as well.

I didn't read all the post so maybe it was mentioned already, but the wild animal in question was a bat. Why in the world would anyone eat a bat ?

I didn't read all the post so maybe it was mentioned already, but the wild animal in question was a bat. Why in the world would anyone eat a bat ?
They don’t know that yet, and it might be years before they have any idea where the virus came from. But there are many, many places in the world where “bushmeat” is the primary source of dietary protein. People will eat anything they can catch, and often anything they find dead. This has resulted in numerous disease events in humans. As world populations grow, people and their livestock foray into new areas, contact between people/wildlife/livestock is more frequent, and you have the perfect recipe for these types of events to start.

If it gets real bad i'm going to pack up the Jeep and me and the dog are going deep in the mountains. I believe the law says if i'm far enough away from a store that I can kill game to survive. Between that and getting brookies from the creeks i'll have food for me and the pooch.

I know a good spot that's really hard to get to but my Jeep can make it. I'll be damn if i'll give in to this. I'll survive.

Don't worry guys, Mike Pence is in charge of the Corona Virus response. He'll "Pray" away the virus for you. Just like he did when he was govenor and allowed 240 HIV patients to die before he did anything. The administration still hasn't hired back the Pandemic Emergency Response team it fired in 2018 in order to make cut backs.

Regardless of what men in black outfit unleashed coronavirus on the world, eliminating the trade & sale of wild animals is a huge step in the right direction for conservation of endangered species. China is the world's leading market in trafficking in this sickness.

Their market puts tigers, rhinos, bears, elephants, etc at risk for extinction. This is a solid move for wildlife.
Exactly what I thought when I read the headline.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back