Chest cold Remedies

2rocky

I've been fighting a damn chest cold ever since 2 Saturdays ago.
Only treatment I could get from the doctor has been a shot of Dexamethazone to address the Horrible sore throat (neg Strep) It helped ...for a day.

Aside from Brown Liquor...What are your favorite cold and congestion cures?

My grandma was a master at making natural remedies which where passed down throughout her families history. Her great-great grandmother was a full-blooded Cherokee so a lot of that knowledge was from her. Grandma made cough syrup from yellow root (goldenseal), ginseng, molasses (to sweeten it) and a few other ingredients cut and boiled down with good old moonshine. If I hadn't been such a lame brain, I'd paid attention to her recipes and coulda gave you the best cold medicine I've ever used. But alas, I had no time for granny in my youth and didn't write down what she was always telling me. I'd probably been rich selling some of the stuff she made people for free. Other than that, I've always had decent luck with Mucinex. Just drink lots of water cause it will dehydrate you.

My wife makes me hot green tea, drop of “thieves” essential oil (a trade name, includes several essential oils - look it up), one drop of peppermint essential oil, one drop of lemon essential oil, and honey.

Make fun all you want! I am a skeptic no more. All in. I call it my “magic tea”. One or two cups a day. You will get better.

Try hot and cold packs on your chest. First with the hot/heating pad then ice pack until you can't stand it then back to heat try for at least 20 minutes. Couple times a day until you feel it loosen.
Or you can boil 3 quart pan of water to boiling put on table get a towel sit over the pan steaming your head/lungs stay as long under the towel as you can. That will help loosen the flem too.

Mucinex and lots of water. The hot steam shower or head over a pot of boiling water can help with a little immediate relief too

Mucinex will help clear up that yucky stuff in your lungs. Clear your lungs out and you will feel a lot better!!

Looks like I was typing same time Clawsar was.

We used Vick’s Vapor Rub when I was a kid......stunk like hell but seemed to work! Sure cleared-out your sinuses too! ;)Today, they have patches, that you stick to your clothing! memtb

If you can choke it down, a tall glass of blackberry brandy definitely has some good qualities about it. My fil swore by it and after trying it, I think there is something to it.
Some old timers used to come in the bar back when I was bartending and swore by this. I always knew who was feeling under the weather by the drink ordered in the winter months.

kansasdad, When I was a kid, and “forced” to watch “Price is Right” when sick......I would have improved immediately! :D memtb

sambucol, green tea with Thieves drops and honey, pineapple juice and vicks on the chest, back, throat and bottoms of the feet wtih socks on.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back