Charlie Watts RIP

Great story: Mid-1980s, an intoxicated Jagger phoned Watts's hotel room in the middle of the night, asking, "Where's my drummer?" Watts reportedly got up, shaved, dressed in a suit, put on a tie and freshly shined shoes, descended the stairs, and punched Jagger in the face, saying: "Don't ever call me your drummer again. You're my f*#*#*g singer!"

Great story: Mid-1980s, an intoxicated Jagger phoned Watts's hotel room in the middle of the night, asking, "Where's my drummer?" Watts reportedly got up, shaved, dressed in a suit, put on a tie and freshly shined shoes, descended the stairs, and punched Jagger in the face, saying: "Don't ever call me your drummer again. You're my f*#*#*g singer!"
This is awesome! I like the stones for the musicians anyway. I can take or leave Jagger.

The amount of rockers dying these days is sad. I sure don’t see many from the next generation that’s gonna be anywhere close to the legends these guys were.

Reminds me of the song, Wild Horses:

I know I've dreamed you
A sin and a lie
I have my freedom
But I don't have much time
Faith has been broken
Tears must be cried
Let's do some living
After we die
Wild horses
Couldn't drag me away
Wild, wild horses
We'll ride them some day

Screenshot_20210824-152201_YouTube.jpg

I was thinking today about why Charlie stood out to me over the years. I first really took notice of him (as opposed to just his music) while watching "Shine a Light." Watts exuded "cool" without the drugs, outrageous behavior, or flashy clothes other musicians leveraged. He just played well and confidently which is far more impressive.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back