Change of attitude

mtmiller

This guy seemed pretty happy soaking up the morning rays.
p1040977comp.jpg

Apparently he was plenty warm.:D
p1040992comp.jpg

How about a close up?
p1040989comp.jpg

Very cool pics Miller. Obviously his mother didn't warn him of the dangers of playing in the street.

Does that snake work for the IRS? The disposition seems very similar to that displayed by the last snake (auditor) I had to deal with at the IRS.

Great set of pics.....Looks like you pissed him off. Did you let him live? or make a hat band out of him?

Great set of pics.....Looks like you pissed him off. Did you let him live? or make a hat band out of him?

Great pic Miller... did you whack that evil devil afterword?

Naw, he wasn't bothering me, so no need to snuff him. I enjoy seeing the live ones, at least if I see them before they see me.:D

McLeod....;)

But why? I used to kill them all the time when I was a kid. Even went looking for them on the roads just after dark. Somewhere since then I developed a soft spot for them.

Sure, Mr. Smokejumper! ;) Why? I don't know, I just like whacking them. Besides, I'm still trying to get revenge for the 12yrs off my life one took from me when it scared the be-Jesus out of me chukar hunting.

I normally don't kill them unless they're around my house or neighborhood. I almost never kill them when out hunting or fishing. That said, I killed one two days ago on my morning walk with my black lab. He was right on our walking trail, about a 2 footer with 6 ratttles. When I walked past his carcass yesterday, meat bees had consumed about 1/3 of him completely. The part they'd eaten was so clean you'd have thought that dermestid beatles had been cleaning it.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2008/apr/30/tis-the-season----for-rattlesnake-bites/

As the days heat up, hibernating western diamondback rattlesnakes have begun to poke out of their winter dens. As they wake, members of the most common venomous species in the Big Country have encountered into humans and their pets. The run-ins can be quite costly -- depending on how much venom is injected, the bites may cost some their lives; for others who survive, there is still a price to pay. Human treatments can cost more than $12,000, and the treatment for animals can cost more than $2,000.

Back