Caution Warning: Racism #huntingwhileblack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it a lot with tribal members, both in gov't buildings and in the field.

If you're tired of the idea that white people are racist, go do something to prove that false. It is false, after all. We can either be kind & thoughtful, or fall back in to easy camps that close ourselves off from all reality and stick to our bubble of comfort.
What an interesting concept you have. White people have to prove you’re not racist. Just when I think ideas can’t get any dumber. Should we all upload it to the gram to so we can get some woke likes look at me I’m not racist.

oh I remember what that’s called......... Virtue signaling.

What an interesting concept you have. White people have to prove you’re not racist. Just when I think ideas can’t get any dumber. Should we all upload it to the gram to so we can get some woke likes look at me I’m not racist.

I think you're missing the point. I'm not talking about being a social justice warrior on social media, I'm talking about being a decent human being.

We hunt and fish a lot of different public lands in mn with a high population of American citizens with Hmong ancestry. Great people. They've helped us and we've helped them. Have grown fond of their culture, hunting heritage and devotion to family.

When I see a dude in a stand going through something like that, I see a fellow hunting brother dealing with some absolutely ignorant ass hats. Sad a fellow human being, who happens to have a darker skin color than mine, has to go through something like that trying to enjoy the same things I enjoy and love dearly.

I think you're missing the point. I'm not talking about being a social justice warrior on social media, I'm talking about being a decent human being.
Now wait a second you mean when all the big shots change their Instagram’s and Facebook screens to black that didn’t actually help anybody??? Really??? I thought thoughts and prayers helped??
Yes I’m all for being a good person. I’m not gonna have to prove that to a goddamn single soul though.

Now wait a second you mean when all the big shots change their Instagram’s and Facebook screens to black that didn’t actually help anybody??? Really??? I thought thoughts and prayers helped??
Yes I’m all for being a good person. I’m not gonna have to prove that to a goddamn single soul though.

Performative alliances make white people feel good. I'm not terribly interested in that.

But it's also important to realize that sometimes our desire to virtue signal in either direction isn't helpful. ;)

Performative alliances make white people feel good. I'm not terribly interested in that.

But it's also important to realize that sometimes our desire to virtue signal in either direction isn't helpful. ;)
Linking Vox makes me throw up in my mouth a little....https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2020/6/3/21279336/blackout-tuesday-black-lives-matter-instagram-performative-allyship

Linking Vox makes me throw up in my mouth a little....https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2020/6/3/21279336/blackout-tuesday-black-lives-matter-instagram-performative-allyship

I've been reading & listening to this guy lately, I really like his approach. Dr. Ali starts around 5 minutes in. It's 39 minutes, but it's worth it.

Dude needs to get out of FL. Come to CO, man...er, I mean some other western State.

This sucks and I believe the guy that it happened. Racism is definitely real and bullshit but also it’s not just a white people thing like is trying to be pushed right now. We should love everyone no matter what they look like period. Pretty simple concept.

My opinion is based our current political status. How many black people have claimed that they have been offended have made millions from fund me. I also was struck that the victim had enough knowledge to film himself to advance his claims. But, he did not have sufficient savvy to actually record the act happening. How simple to record them doing this and they would have stopped.

I am also struck how heartfelt his claims of pain and crying were. Would any of you filmed themselves crying on camera. I could have felt the pain, but would have never filmed myself doing it.

I do not mess with armed individuals. What idiot would antagonize an armed individual with racial slurs.

My opinion is what it is and not supported by most of the forum, but it is what is.

I have lived in a community that is racist, but never, even close, to what this gentleman was projecting.

I may be wrong, but I do not think so.

I do not believe that if it is on the Internet it is true!

I'm guessing that if people cared to, there would be many more instances of #huntingwhileblack posts where nothing happened, or even where people went uncomfortably out of their way to welcome someone, "too welcoming" as a recent podcast guest complained. Sure it happens. So does local vs nonres bigotry. So does rich vs poor bigotry. So does hunter vs non hunter bigotry. I think blowing up the occasional racism while ignoring the majority acts of good is a disservice and presents a false view. Letting someone else define how you feel is the issue. So they are racist assholes. Their lot in life is a lot worse because of that, you don't need to let it control you. Not the first time a hunting spot is ruined because of bad people.

I'm guessing that if people cared to, there would be many more instances of #huntingwhileblack posts where nothing happened, or even where people went uncomfortably out of their way to welcome someone, "too welcoming" as a recent podcast guest complained. Sure it happens. So does local vs nonres bigotry. So does rich vs poor bigotry. So does hunter vs non hunter bigotry. I think blowing up the occasional racism while ignoring the majority acts of good is a disservice and presents a false view. Letting someone else define how you feel is the issue. So they are racist assholes. Their lot in life is a lot worse because of that, you don't need to let it control you. Not the first time a hunting spot is ruined because of bad people.

Now that's some interesting logic. If the majority of the cases aren't a problem, then the problem cases don't count. Hmm.

One case is too many, and until we all feel that way, we will continue to have cases of racism. Of course, some folks will think that's okay, I guess.

Now that's some interesting logic. If the majority of the cases aren't a problem, then the problem cases don't count. Hmm.

One case is too many, and until we all feel that way, we will continue to have cases of racism.
That's not what I said but it's clear from past comments of yours that reading comprehension is not your strong point. When someone experiences something like this, the best thing they can do is refuse to give it any power over them. The vast majority of people already know this is unacceptable behavior. These fringe assholes will always exist and the only power they have is what you give them. Your last sentence is comically circular. Of course one case is unacceptable. And of course we'll never be completely rid of it because humans are human.

Okay. (y)

So you see "non-hunter vs. hunter bigotry, non-res vs. resident bigotry, and rich vs. poor bigotry" as pretty much equal to racial bigotry?

Okay. (y)

So you see "non-hunter vs. hunter bigotry, non-res vs. resident bigotry, and rich vs. poor bigotry" as pretty much equal to racial bigotry?
As in all springing from misguided ideas? Racism isn't some sacred cow, it's bigotry like any other bigotry. It's all fake division anyways, literally no one supports the racists here. It's not heroic to argue that racism is bad, the vast majority in the US and on this site agree with that. They are a fractional minority with zero political or social power. Those people playing that music are not representative of hunters in general, society in general, me or you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back