Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Cats Aren't Trophies

I completely agree with your sentiment that Colorado hunters need to get active and they can beat this initiative to protect the future of hunting in Colorado. We can definitely use support from other hunters nationwide also. However, I would discourage you from using the left vs. right language. That is a losing strategy, this issue is non-partisan. Majority of Coloradans support hunting and science-based management, that includes individuals from across the political spectrum. We just need to get the information and our message out to the masses, devoid of any political bias.
Majority of Coloradans support hunting and science-based management
I hope you're right. The way Colorado is using ballot box biology, your statement may not be true. If it is, then hunters need to find a way to educate those that are voting.

They might, but not if the Colorado hunters take a stand, put the shoulder to the wheel, and fight. We already learned with the wolf thing what happens when hunters don't show up. Now, those of us who don't live in Colorado will comment, share our perspectives, provide monetary support and whatever else, but ultimately, Colorado residents are the only ones who have the power to show up, vote, and kill this thing. Don't get discouraged, don't give up, put the big boy pants on and get the job done. If the lefties succeed with this it won't stop in Colorado, other states with liberal governments will try it too. I truly don't believe we're doomed to lose, but it's going to take hard work and commitment
One of the most corrupt SOS in the nation runs Colorado's elections.

They can try to vote their way out of this but they won't be able to.

They will have to get a new governor, a new SOS, and go from there.

That means waiting until 2027, at least, and that assumes they get something better than they have now, which is unlikely given the voting habits of the people there.

One of the most corrupt SOS in the nation runs Colorado's elections.

They can try to vote their way out of this but they won't be able to.

They will have to get a new governor, a new SOS, and go from there.

That means waiting until 2027, at least, and that assumes they get something better than they have now, which is unlikely given the voting habits of the people there.
So corrupt that the wolf initiative won by less than 1%. <eye roll>

Your negativity is not only misplaced, it is extremely unwelcome.

This is the part of 91 that should concern all conservationists:
(b) “TROPHY HUNTING” MEANS INTENTIONALLY KILLING, WOUNDING, OR ENTRAPPING A MOUNTAIN LION, BOBCAT, OR LYNX; OR(II) DISCHARGING OR RELEASING ANY DEADLY WEAPON, AS DEFINED IN SECTION 18-1-901(3)(e) AT A MOUNTAIN LION, BOBCAT, OR LYNX.
Replace "MOUNTAIN LION" with any other species and read it again. They are defining "trophy hunting" as any and all hunting. If this passes, this wording will be the law of the land and it will take a lot less to find-and-replace with another species.

https://savethehuntcolorado.com/colorado-initiative-91/

This is winnable. I challenge every non-resident who applied for elk, all 190,000+ to donate $20 to this cause. It would generate almost $4MM of revenue to purchase the media necessary to convince those swing voters.

I have also reached out to a lot of the media platforms and all of them I've talked to are ready to help with as much free media as possible. We know that hunting media platforms likely reach those who are inclined to vote against it, so some might wonder what value that is. Well, in many of these issues, a lot of people who would vote against it don't even bother to vote. We need everyone of them to vote and hunting media platforms should make that their job.

The other Colorado voters are the biggest chunk. You cannot sway them by funding this operation with a bake sale. Nobody will say publicly what it will cost, but I've talked to enough of the experts and they all think the media investment needs to be $3-5MM. A mere $20 from every non-resident elk applicant would cover most of that. And if so, most the experts think this will be defeated.

RMEF hosted a session on this at SHOT Show last week, asking Dan, Mark, and others who are leading the charge to inform people who showed up. As busy as SHOT Show is, I was impressed with how many people, groups, media attended and how the session continued in the hallways after time had expired. It left me confident that we're gonna win this.

We need to start a collective co-op of all hunt/fish conservation oriented organizations (from RMEF to DU) to merge for countering ballot box biology purchased by international funded, and organized eco-enviro operations...

Big Fin , you're still on the board with RMEF(?) Oak with your RMBS, Buzz with BHA, etc, etc, etc... call it a NATO (North American Treaty Organization - humor though the idea is present) votes present to use collective funds from each to oppose such icebergs dead ahead. Raffles would be a big hit - specific to countering this new war front.

Colorado wolves city slicker ballot box biology was a massive win for enviro operations and emboldened their vision moving forward, IMO. Center for Biological Diversity is promoting such as a path forward...

Meh, we talk of hunters not organized, a few even claiming we don't give two chits (false, IMO) as hunting/fishing conservation is the leading fund generation for wildlife conservation in the U.S.. Hopefully, we are not just hot air here... I've sent a letter to the organizations I share my family funds to support this same suggestion.

We need to organize to counter a threat that just found their target in Colorado and soon a State near you or your own...

This is the part of 91 that should concern all conservationists:

Replace "MOUNTAIN LION" with any other species and read it again. They are defining "trophy hunting" as any and all hunting. If this passes, this wording will be the law of the land and it will take a lot less to find-and-replace with another species.

https://savethehuntcolorado.com/colorado-initiative-91/
Every person who has or ever will hunt Colorado needs to read this. Ballot initiative 91 is a clear and present danger to the future of hunting in Colorado. Consider donating to CRWM at the link posted and if you live in Colorado talk to every fellow resident you can.

Last edited:
This is winnable. I challenge every non-resident who applied for elk, all 190,000+ to donate $20 to this cause. It would generate almost $4MM of revenue to purchase the media necessary to convince those swing voters.

I have also reached out to a lot of the media platforms and all of them I've talked to are ready to help with as much free media as possible. We know that hunting media platforms likely reach those who are inclined to vote against it, so some might wonder what value that is. Well, in many of these issues, a lot of people who would vote against it don't even bother to vote. We need everyone of them to vote and hunting media platforms should make that their job.

The other Colorado voters are the biggest chunk. You cannot sway them by funding this operation with a bake sale. Nobody will say publicly what it will cost, but I've talked to enough of the experts and they all think the media investment needs to be $3-5MM. A mere $20 from every non-resident elk applicant would cover most of that. And if so, most the experts think this will be defeated.

RMEF hosted a session on this at SHOT Show last week, asking Dan, Mark, and others who are leading the charge to inform people who showed up. As busy as SHOT Show is, I was impressed with how many people, groups, media attended and how the session continued in the hallways after time had expired. It left me confident that we're gonna win this.
Where should I send the money?

We need to start a collective co-op of all hunt/fish conservation oriented organizations (from RMEF to DU) to merge for countering ballot box biology purchased by international funded, and organized eco-enviro operations...

Big Fin , you're still on the board with RMEF(?) Oak with your RMBS, Buzz with BHA, etc, etc, etc... call it a NATO (North American Treaty Organization - humor though the idea is present) votes present to use collective funds from each to oppose such icebergs dead ahead. Raffles would be a big hit - specific to countering this new war front.

Colorado wolves city slicker ballot box biology was a massive win for enviro operations and emboldened their vision moving forward, IMO. Center for Biological Diversity is promoting such as a path forward...

Meh, we talk of hunters not organized, a few even claiming we don't give two chits (false, IMO) as hunting/fishing conservation is the leading fund generation for wildlife conservation in the U.S.. Hopefully, we are not just hot air here... I've sent a letter to the organizations I share my family funds to support this same suggestion.

We need to organize to counter a threat that just found their target in Colorado and soon a State near you or your own...
Some of this is already happening behind the scenes. Nothing has been formed, but funds are all flowing to the same spot for a counter attack

Some of this is already happening behind the scenes. Nothing has been formed, but funds are all flowing to the same spot for a counter attack
This is great to hear. Would be greater to hear from official channels though thanks for sharing.

We couldn't steer clear of the iceberg because we countered the Colorado wolf deal with 1/2 the funds and lost by 0.91%.
This wasn't about wolves, per say, this paved a vaulted interest to bypass legislative committees. Nor is this about Colorado for the same reason.

Should be a wake up call to unify efforts.

Had RMEF promoted raffles for the specific interest of countering the new eco-enviro agenda, I guarantee Colorado would be able to manage without forced re-introduction.
RMEF was the largest conservation donor... That is disappointing no other major hunt conservation organizations stepped up to the same funding level.

I hope what you are sharing is really occuring because we've emboldened their path in Colorado and elsewhere.

Take a look at the “sheep show” earnings. All those millions being thrown around on an animal most effected by cats.

Your 4 million for media would have been a drop in the bucket with hardly any planning at all.

More sheep on the mountain they say…..
It’s always someone else’s responsibility, amirite?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back