Catastrophic Point Creep in Golf

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
I'm sorry for pushing your buttons, this whole thread is a joke, that's why I put it under fireside. That's why everyone was laughing at the first post.

Like I said in #25 I didn't even apply.

I'm poking fun at the idea we would just take up golf if we don't draw. Everyone here loves hunting, no way I'm taking up golf.

Sure slight truth, for most of my life I've been a CO resident I was for a brief period a MT resident, I genuinely want other people to get to have some of the experiences I've been blessed to have.

It was not my intention to make you feel personally attacked I was just being silly.
Pushing my buttons? lol

I enjoy watching you do your cute act, memes, gif's etc all day while someone else pays you. It's entertaining.

As far as tags if you think I really care consider this, I don't even apply for tags as a resident. I just get general tags and day hunt around Laramie. I am not one of the R's who is trying to keep anyone else from getting a tag as you imply. But nice try. lol . I jus think the state should squeezed the NR's for hunting, camping, etc $ to help fund the states budget.

As far as golf the Saudis have the whole game turned upside down. That is one of the more interesting sports soap operas I have ever witnessed. I honestly don't know how people here do it with the wind. If you look at the University team they don't even play here that much.

BTW, it's pretty obvious who's buttons were getting pushed. lol

Last edited:
Honest question: Why doesn't any of this apply to residents?

I know that the animals are held in trust for the citizens, basically. But wouldn't it be in the best interest of the animals, and therefore the citizens, to have WGFD as fully funded as possible? Shouldn't they then increase resident prices until they find an equilibrium between price and demand? Surely there is some room there before enough residents would stop hunting to offset the income from the price increases.
States have different obligations to R's and NR"s.

DIY nonresident public hunting is on its way out. The people that made the movement should look at themselves in the mirror. I feel bad for the people that minded their own business but the reality is it’s a limited resource and I don’t blame any state for limiting it as much as that sucks for me. That’s what needs to happen to preserve wildlife and a limited resource with a growing population and demand. It was a very predictable outcome. Side note I holed a shot from 88 yards last night on a par 4 for eagle. Don’t wreck golf for me too it’s a horrible frustrating game that is zero fun.

my wife’s grandfather played golf 3 or 4 times a week in custom made cowboy golf boots, they weren’t green though, full ostrich bottoms and white leather uppers - with golf spikes. He was old school Deep South Texas/Rio Grande Valley. I should have kept them when we cleaned out their house - seemed ridiculous at the time but awesome now. 🤷‍♂️

I haven’t been asked to play since the vodka lemonade incident. Somehow a golf cart ended up covered in moss and pond weeds. I was wet. All at a fancy golf course for a best ball tournament. That was preceded a few months by getting a cart high centered on a huge rock.

I don’t get invited to nice things anymore.

I'm sorry for pushing your buttons, this whole thread is a joke, that's why I put it under fireside. That's why everyone was laughing at the first post.

I'm poking fun at the idea we would just take up golf if we don't draw. Everyone here loves hunting, no way I'm taking up golf.

Sure slight truth, for most of my life I've been a CO resident I was for a brief period a MT resident, I genuinely want other people to get to have some of the experiences I've been blessed to have.

It was not my intention to make you feel personally attacked I was just being silly.
16517131655005614348994399584686_212138277514490.gif

Not you, but the you you responded to. Now do I have the right you.

I haven’t been asked to play since the vodka lemonade incident. Somehow a golf cart ended up covered in moss and pond weeds. I was wet. All at a fancy golf course for a best ball tournament. That was preceded a few months by getting a cart high centered on a huge rock.

I don’t get invited to nice things anymore.
My one and only golf experience was at a semi fancy course outside Camp Pendleton when I was stationed there. Went with 3 buddies to get out of the barracks. Volunteered to be all time cart driver/beer taster. Lets just say, beer flowed like water in the Mississippi. Carts got ramped, a rabbit took a golfball to the head, our one uptight friend kept getting his ball knocked into the woods when he turned his back for a second, etc. Ours were the only carts that got returned with mud on the tires and empty beer cans falling out as if they were rusty old chevy squarebodys with Alabama plates . Shit those were good times.

Ok, back to the bitchfest.....sorry for the interruption.

My one and only golf experience was at a semi fancy course outside Camp Pendleton when I was stationed there. Went with 3 buddies to get out of the barracks. Volunteered to be all time cart driver/beer taster. Lets just say, beer flowed like water in the Mississippi. Carts got ramped, a rabbit took a golfball to the head, our one uptight friend kept getting his ball knocked into the woods when he turned his back for a second, etc. Ours were the only carts that got returned with mud on the tires and empty beer cans falling out as if they were rusty old chevy squarebodys with Alabama plates . Shit those were good times.

Ok, back to the bitchfest.....sorry for the interruption.
Sir that was first on topic comment in 2 pages

Back