Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Catastrophic Point Creep in Golf

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Hold up, let me compare this to hunting and skiing and come back with some facts
View attachment 227045

That’s just a painful statistic to read. As much as I like people getting outside, I can’t stand the thought of one more acre of habitat being plowed under or one more wetland having its water stolen so some idiots can pay to get drunk and play “whack-#*^@#*”. It is the antithesis of the foundational meritocracy of the outdoors, where results come from effort rather than currency.

My one and only golf experience was at a semi fancy course outside Camp Pendleton when I was stationed there. Went with 3 buddies to get out of the barracks. Volunteered to be all time cart driver/beer taster. Lets just say, beer flowed like water in the Mississippi. Carts got ramped, a rabbit took a golfball to the head, our one uptight friend kept getting his ball knocked into the woods when he turned his back for a second, etc. Ours were the only carts that got returned with mud on the tires and empty beer cans falling out as if they were rusty old chevy squarebodys with Alabama plates . Shit those were good times.

Ok, back to the bitchfest.....sorry for the interruption.

Hold on do we know eachother? I have a fond memory of a drunken golf expedition at Marine Memorial Golf course. Also oceanside golf course..... and also... Never mind

Golf is fun

Just read an article that 2.86 million more golfers are now carrying a handicap since 2020. My little course has been busy this summer the crowding is here. When we lose golf what do we do next? Trying to stay ahead of the curve.

This is golfers carrying handicaps which means they are serious, it doesn’t account for people just screwing around and going. I’m joking here but it certainly isn’t nothing hunting isn’t the only outdoor activity with increased demand.

Just read an article that 2.86 million more golfers are now carrying a handicap since 2020. My little course has been busy this summer the crowding is here. When we lose golf what do we do next? Trying to stay ahead of the curve.
I have been playing golf for over 25 years. I have never carried a handicap. I also never knew what that ment up until 2 years ago lol.

I've always said oh I'm x amount over par (usually two digits). Every outdoor activity has grown considerably and I think its great. I think that means equipment is gonna get some serious new engineering in the coming years due to the increased demand.

Is golf super hot right now because of covid irl?
Are the guys complaining about crowding?
Mainly golf is complaining about Saudi blood money.

I wonder if the Saudis have anything to do with declining mule deer and elk populations, or if they are buying tags with blood money leading to long wait times for tags for others. May want to look at any video from the Saudi embassies in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, etc... to see if any elk or mule deer have gone in alive and never seen again.

i'm a little late to the subsidy argument, and that should probably die, because i've never seen panties twisted that hard before.

where in the world did the idea come from that NR tags are subsidized by the state?

any dude that that can glance at a pie chart of a game agency budget should be able to understand that amongst basically every western state it's the R tag that is subsidized by NR tag.

whatever.

Mainly golf is complaining about Saudi blood money.

I wonder if the Saudis have anything to do with declining mule deer and elk populations, or if they are buying tags with blood money leading to long wait times for tags for others. May want to look at any video from the Saudi embassies in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, etc... to see if any elk or mule deer have gone in alive and never seen again.
If the animals wore a collar then did the heart rate spike inside the embassy then flatline? Apple watch data revealed torture, likely from a sawzall being used on the poor bastard after he was paralyzed by injection. Dr. Mengele walks amongst us.

i'm a little late to the subsidy argument, and that should probably die, because i've never seen panties twisted that hard before.

where in the world did the idea come from that NR tags are subsidized by the state?

any dude that that can glance at a pie chart of a game agency budget should be able to understand that amongst basically every western state it's the R tag that is subsidized by NR tag.

whatever.
Pretty obvious who's panties are twisted.

LOL

Back