Yeti GOBOX Collection

California Passes Anti Hunting Law Banning the Use Of Hounds

I figured this was going to be the outcome....another political topic decided by emotion instead of logic and reason. I feel bad for the houndsman and women, I'm going to see about contacting some of them and see if they would still guide w/out dogs. I'm willing to pony up if it could help a family.

It was pretty sad when I watched the CA Video feed of the Senate hearing and when they opened the mic to public support or oposition there was no one in favor, but there was a string of probably 100 people or more stating their opposition.

Once again the HSUS takes the chicken shit route and hurts small businesses and families. I'm ready for them to take their war chest of funds and take on Monsanto, Tyson, Archer Daniels Midland and the USDA/FDA....but why would they pick a fight they may not win.

One more reason why I live in MT and not Cali! I'd be even happier if they quit moving here too!

It's not really passed yet. It has to pass the House, and then be signed by the Gov. Hope is still there. It's rally time.

This is true, there needs to be a valuation placed on the financial impact as well as the consequences to research, particurlarly cougar research. If it can be demonstrated to Jerry that this is nothing more than "feel good" legislation with real economic consequences he hopefully will bust out the veto pen.

california should look north to see what happens when hounds are banned,,,youll get,couger growth at a alarming rate,decimation of the mule deer herds,severe reduction of the elk calf ratios,,,and more couger attacks on local joggers,,,hopefully they can kill the bill in the house if there lucky,cal fish and game will loose another management tool.bad news.

A slippery slope my friends, just look to what happened in the UK.
Hounds first, then they will turn their attention to hunting and then fishing.

Santa Monica mtn. lion

A mountain lion that scientists believe to be one of perhaps just a dozen left in the Santa Monica mountains was shot and killed by authorities after it appeared in a high-end shopping mall in Santa Monica on Tuesday morning, an official with the California Department of Fish and Game told msnbc.com.

Authorities initially tried but failed to subdue the cat, a 3-year old male weighing about 80 pounds that apparently wandered into the city overnight.

Ironic wouldn't you say!

Attachments

• santa-monica-mountain-lion_photoblog600.jpg
    santa-monica-mountain-lion_photoblog600.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 214
california should look north to see what happens when hounds are banned,,,youll get,couger growth at a alarming rate,decimation of the mule deer herds,severe reduction of the elk calf ratios,,,and more couger attacks on local joggers,,,hopefully they can kill the bill in the house if there lucky,cal fish and game will loose another management tool.bad news.

California banned cougar hunting in 1990, and had restrictions on sport hunting several years before that. In the last 122 years there have only been 16 verified attacks on humans, 6 of them fatal.

Depredation permits are available in CA, and depredation kills spiked in the late 1990s with around 130ish kills per year. That trend has been declinig steadily since to under 50 kills in 2008 and 2009.

California banned cougar hunting in 1990, and had restrictions on sport hunting several years before that. In the last 122 years there have only been 16 verified attacks on humans, 6 of them fatal.

Depredation permits are available in CA, and depredation kills spiked in the late 1990s with around 130ish kills per year. That trend has been declinig steadily since to under 50 kills in 2008 and 2009.

Which coincides with the decline of the deer population here in Cali. The rest of the states should just give up on Cali, its a lost cause. I can't wait to get out.

Which coincides with the decline of the deer population here in Cali. The rest of the states should just give up on Cali, its a lost cause. I can't wait to get out.

Which coincides with an increase in pig population, which coincides with loss of habitat, which coincides with invasive weeds due to fire supression, etc. etc.

Cougar depredation kills increased in the 1990s up until about 2005 when they started to delcine. Deer have been declining for the past two decades.

So goes CA so goes the nation, you can run or stand up and fight.

Which coincides with an increase in pig population, which coincides with loss of habitat, which coincides with invasive weeds due to fire supression, etc. etc.

Cougar depredation kills increased in the 1990s up until about 2005 when they started to delcine. Deer have been declining for the past two decades.

So goes CA so goes the nation, you can run or stand up and fight.

The rest of the nation has not been controlled by liberals for over 30 years, California has and forever will be. Like Dirty Harry said, "A mans got to know his limitations.". I choose to direct my energy towards realistic goals. Good luck with the fight keep us all updated on your progress.

Well this year alone it's been four new members to the RMEF and over $1000 donated, three people through hunter education, licenses, pig and deer tags and two of them purchasing new rifles.

I regurlarly host parties at my house for friends, co-workers and acquaintances. I nearly always serve wild game and it often becomes the topic of conversation. Leading to me bringing awareness about hunting and habitat issues and the need for people to understand public lands are for all of us, not just hunters, but we carry a heavy burden when trying to protect them.

This often dovetails with increased interest and requests for me to take someone hunting. The foodie movement here in the "liberal sanctuaries" of the Bay Area and LA are prime grounds for a change in perspective.

jr, I appreciate your efforts. Keep up the good work. We can always hope that through actions like yours there will be a pay off, a return in the investment.

Down here in the low country counties of South Carolina, we are fighting against the out of state hunters who are in a coalition with the up state hunters. Dog hunting, baiting, and no limits in our part of the state where we are over run with the highest deer numbers in history, have created acrimony form the areas where there are established limits, no baiting and no dog hunting. I don't understand the out of state hunters opposition to our centuries old traditions, after all, they first came to SC, as an escape from the restrictive laws of their home states, so why are they intent on changing our ways into what they came here to get away from? It's the same with the yankees who come South and then want us to be like the Northern states. If our way of doing things is so bad, why don't they pack their yankee asses up and go back and leave us the hell alone!?!?!?!?!?!?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back