California Desert Big Horns

Got this one two years ago. Applied for 30 years and still only had 1% chance to draw. You just gotta believe and not give up. My nose is busted up in the photo cause I got so I excited when I saw it, I scoped myself on the shot. Never done that before in my life.View attachment 216856
Your scope is too big , No doubt you didn't feel a thing hanging onto them horns, congrats there

I'm wondering why a max point holder would apply for preference points or a zone with no preference point tags. Got to play to win.

I am surprised at the number of successful CA Desert Bighorn hunters I know. (5 total...2 archery and 3 rifle) Tule Elk and DBH opportunities are really improving while the Deer population plummets.

Have max points - couple hunts with 1:30 odds last year.

If I live long enough and the rules don't change.

In the F&G plans is to increase tags to 42 rams. Anybody know anything?
I would go to expect that the Bristol’s that had 1:30 odds for a max point holder will blow up and get a number of people to move over from other units and apply for that one with the better odds.

California isn’t going to have any change in the amount of permits they issue this year or no new units. I have heard the possibility of some units not this year but next year coming back into the drawing pool with an opportunity of possible an archery only tag as well but I haven’t heard of anything for sure.

I have been fortunate to hunt the Bristol’s and enjoyed the hunt but it doesn’t carry large rams typically. A 140-150 inch ram is pretty typical in that unit with a high 150 low 160 class ram being the outliers.

Have max points - couple hunts with 1:30 odds last year.

If I live long enough and the rules don't change.

In the F&G plans is to increase tags to 42 rams. Anybody know anything?
I’m in the same boat😳

If you both are in the max point pool and are interested in talking to me I have been able to hunt a fair amount of the units and have some experience and knowledge.

Very good - Thank you! The new regs will be out in a few weeks and would enjoy your input. Have put in for the White Mt hunt a few times because of the better odds, however I've been putting in for one of the others in recent years, would rather do a mid winter Jack O'Conner type hunt.

If you both are in the max point pool and are interested in talking to me I have been able to hunt a fair amount of the units and have some experience and knowledge.
Opps, I checked my points. I’m a few short of max, I’m maxed on elk😳. Thanks for the offer though.

I live down south in inland empire. I drew the Newberry tag. Hunt was 1 1/2 hours from my house.
OK. There was a guy named Nickman on another hunting forum. Always gave updates on the G3 late season deer hunt down by Bishop. I really looked forward to his posts. Then he disappeared.

Very good - Thank you! The new regs will be out in a few weeks and would enjoy your input. Have put in for the White Mt hunt a few times because of the better odds, however I've been putting in for one of the others in recent years, would rather do a mid winter Jack O'Conner type hunt.
Yeah there isn’t any changes this year to the sheep regs beside they took away all the raffle tickets next year there is a good possibility of some change in the sheep area.

Yeah I’m willing to share my input, ask away any questions. Feel free to message me if you would prefer. Mind me asking what unit you were applying for instead of the whites?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back