PEAX Equipment

Calif. Hunter - Good article in the mag. you sent me but -

Fatman

It also had an article on the .17's in it. I have been thinking about one of these for some time now and this may have done it for me. My wife has been giving me that "Why do you need another barrel" look since I read the article last night. The Lil Gun worked great, Hodgdon shows a load of 13 grs. so that is where I started, no pressure signs and the cases did not grow as much as they had with IMR 4227 (none in fact).

Fatman - I get tempted by those 17's, too, since I don't shoot much past 300 yards due to the size of the pastures I shoot ground squirrels in...see, now you got me thinking that way, too! By the way, I was hoping Lil Gun would work well for you!

[This message has been edited by Calif. Hunter (edited 01-24-2001).]

I think things like that are contagious, even from long distances away.

The Lil Gun did perform extremely well, I may try some 35 gr. VMaxes or 40 gr. Speers just for grins and since they are quite a bit less expensive than the Noslers but I probably stick with the BT's after all is said and done. 11.5 grs. of IMR 4227 appeared to have promise also but it looked like it might take a lot more playing with than I normally have the patience for.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back