Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Calibres you'd like to own

Good problem to have. I don't know if my wife would buy that excuse for me buying a sxs. Hoping to get out for some chukar tomorrow. Rudy, needs to start earning his keep around here.

I'd have better luck using the excuse that it's for the dog. He's rather spoiled around here.

Good luck tomorrow! Bird numbers here seem to be quite good, hopefully you find the same.

This is a boring answer. I’ve never owned anything larger than the 270 short mag that I currently hunt with. At some point soon I’ll be getting more/larger gun. Something between 280AI on the small end and 338WM on the large end. May end up with a good old -06 or 300WM.

I go back and forth on what I'd like other than what I've already got. The .308 will do anything I need to do but I wouldn't mind building a .338-06. But before that I need a .300 Ham'r barrel for my AR.

I've always kind of had an interest in the .338 Federal and the 6.5 Grendel. For rather different reasons, I think those are both very interesting cartridges.

I've always kind of had an interest in the .338 Federal and the 6.5 Grendel. For rather different reasons, I think those are both very interesting cartridges.
I like both of those cartridges as well. But for me they didn't offer significant gains over what I already have. But since when is that a valid excuse?

The .404 Jeffery has always intrigued me. But pretty much any of the old classic dangerous game cartridges in an old worn bolt or fancy double.
Lamb would say this is sacrilegious, but I have thought it would be kinda cool to do a modern take on an old nitro, and get a double rifle built with a synthetic (but heavy)stock and stainless steel or cerakoted barrel and action. Something you could actually take on a backpack hunt in Alaska.

I'd really like something like a 470 double with ejectors just because. I also want a 45-110 Sharps. Just about any of the older lever gun calibers would be fun too.

I bet I could use a 6mm Creedmoor for steel shooting. Really want a Ruger 44mag carbine

Lamb would say this is sacrilegious, but I have thought it would be kinda cool to do a modern take on an old nitro, and get a double rifle built with a synthetic (but heavy)stock and stainless steel or cerakoted barrel and action. Something you could actually take on a backpack hunt in Alaska.

I took my sako Bavarian (wooden blued) hunting tahr in NZ once for a week. It rained on and off the whole week and never had any issues. Henrik Lott (german bloke that does youtube videos) hunted moose and caribou in AK with a standard double.

yes, it wasn't until the inventions of stainless steel and plastic that any one with a firearm even ventured into Alaska. It would still be a completely unknown territory, if not for those two creations. :)

Well, i already built/ hunt with a Stevens 200 in 250 Savage, and a custom Mauser in 284 Win. Along with 2 Ruger 77 MKIIs, one 257 Roberts, the other in 280 Rem.
On the build list is...
7X57 Mauser (build in process for my daughter)
25 Souper
257 Weatherby
25-284
25-350 Rem Mag.
25 RSAUM
7mm-350 Rem Mag.
7mm LRM
7mm RCM (i know, not a thing)
7mm RSUAM
7mm Dakota

Along with 2 lines of cartridges of my own design.

@BrentD and @Aussie_hunter_JD I wasn’t trying to impugn the classic double. I just would be interested in a bespoke double made of modern materials. I think the blending of old and new would be different and cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back