Cabela's gift card

I told @Gellar the same thing when he was talking about nothing to buy......they have a nice Browning Sweet 16 that needs a good home. I might just have that home.

I run into the same thing every year on my Cabelas club purchases. The last couple of times Ive bought good sunglasses for my wife and I and last year I bought a Glock 44. Ive also bought Ice chests and other similar overpriced underused things.

Its funny how its hard to overspend on something even when its a gift card.

I run into the same thing every year on my Cabelas club purchases. The last couple of times Ive bought good sunglasses for my wife and I and last year I bought a Glock 44. Ive also bought Ice chests and other similar overpriced underused things.

Its funny how its hard to overspend on something even when its a gift card.
It is hard to overspend but think of it as extra money. It was a gift so technically you're not spending your money. And it's better than that person getting you four useless $50 items.

Regular clothes like socks, long underwear, sweatshirts, smedium shirts for showing the guns.

That might buy a bino carrier, nice gloves, $25 pair of binoculars marked $199, cheap muzzleloader, meat processing gear, something for your truck. camping chairs.

Regular clothes like socks, long underwear, sweatshirts, smedium shirts for showing the guns.

That might buy a bino carrier, nice gloves, $25 pair of binoculars marked $199, cheap muzzleloader, meat processing gear, something for your truck. camping chairs.
I'm a Kuiu fan so the clothing is out. Have my bino carrier and am a glove snob. Too true on the binos. Too much other stuff you've listed that I don't use to add more.

I use them to buy hunting and fishing licenses in two states as well as duck stamp. The one thing they sell at the same price as everyone else.
Now that works. I go west to hunt big game. Way to many hunters per square mile on public land here in Minnesota. But fishing licenses for me and family is something I didn't consider. Won't get me to $200 but will make a dent. Thank you!

I'm sitting on over $200 in Cabela's gift cards. Suspect most would agree with the statement, "Cabela's isn't the store it was 10 years ago...maybe even 5 years ago." I don't really need anything from there and they have little of what I want. Have gone in the store twice since Christmas with the intent to buy something and walked out empty handed. In the past, I would have just used my gift cards on ammunition, but that's out given ammunition inventory. Their gun inventory looks to be more slim than most other places. I fish on a limited basis and have plenty of tackle. Feels like I'm wasting money by holding on to the plastic with no idea when I might use it.

Any ideas what to buy? Looks like there's a website that will buy the cards for about 75 cents on a dollar. Considering that...thoughts?
If you have a friend who needs ammo that you don’t, buy the ammo with your cards and have him pay you for the ammo. Give him a 10% discount and take the cash elsewhere to get something els you want…like tools. This way you both benefit from the cards.

I saved them up and bought a Traeger last summer. Waited until they were on sale for $100 off and I had a 10% off coupon. Ended up paying $47 out of pocket for a Pro 780, cover, and 40# of pellets.
At the current rate that I get Cabelas gift cards that would take about 7 years. But I think that may be just what I do.

Reactions: Oak
I'm a Kuiu fan so the clothing is out. Have my bino carrier and am a glove snob. Too true on the binos. Too much other stuff you've listed that I don't use to add more.
So you only wear Kuiu every day down to the undies? Nice LOL

I was referring to the regular clothes at the store, not hunting clothes.

Sounds like you have your mind made up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back