Cabela's gift card

gallagher71

I'm sitting on over $200 in Cabela's gift cards. Suspect most would agree with the statement, "Cabela's isn't the store it was 10 years ago...maybe even 5 years ago." I don't really need anything from there and they have little of what I want. Have gone in the store twice since Christmas with the intent to buy something and walked out empty handed. In the past, I would have just used my gift cards on ammunition, but that's out given ammunition inventory. Their gun inventory looks to be more slim than most other places. I fish on a limited basis and have plenty of tackle. Feels like I'm wasting money by holding on to the plastic with no idea when I might use it.

Any ideas what to buy? Looks like there's a website that will buy the cards for about 75 cents on a dollar. Considering that...thoughts?

I have a LOT of cabelas gift cards. I’m in the same boat as you. Everything I need is available elsewhere for less money and I feel guilty buying it at cabelas just because I have a gift card.

Jokes aside, I’d probably look at waders/hip boots, Zamberlain or Merrell boots, or game processing kitchen equipment…I’d probably skip the store and just go online
Good ideas. Thanks for the thoughts. I'm good on waders and boots for now. Kind of have a ritual for kitchen equipment. Appreciate your thoughts though.

I don't need any more 556/223, 308, 300 WM, and 40 SW which is what's been on the shelves. :)

Seriously, I have enough ammo for me for this fall and next fall. Refusing to buy more because others don't have that luxury. My two boys are shooting 7mm-08 accubonds and could use some practice rounds. 7mm-08 at my Cabela's in the past year has been non-existent.

I was in same boat with a Cabelas gift card and didn’t really want or need anything from that store. Then I remembered that I needed to replace my sunglasses which I recently lost while deer hunting locally and made good use of that card.

buy from online there may actually be something of interest up there. Maybe a pocket knife or a multitool

You could sell it for about 75-90% of its value on a forum. There are sites like Raise or The Gift Card Shop but they'll take about $50 for a $200 card

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back