Yeti GOBOX Collection

Buy Now or Later — Tires

Find another set of rims and put the new tires on those. Run those factory tires during the summer and the offroad tires in hunting season/winter.

Discount Tires shows the Cooper ST Maxx in your size for $200 per tire. Load range E.

They’re P-rated. It’s tough to find LT tires in the size I’m looking for though. Might have to go Coopers instead of the wild peaks or try to fit a 265/75 on my stock ride.
P is for Park, on pavement. I have 265/75 15's on my Tacoma. The 15's were on it.
Like ST said I have to go with aggressive tread and carry chains all the time. 10plys. My Tacoma is my adventure /hunt truck now. I want to go thru it before anything goes bad,so I have a newer back up truck.
That is a nice truck you have there!

Discount Tires shows the Cooper ST Maxx in your size for $200 per tire. Load range E.
They also show the Copper Discoverer AT3 LT which seems like a pretty nice tire. It is also a load range E tire for $180 a piece.
As mentioned already I would run those tires all summer long or until they wear out.

I had an 09 Taco and ran the Cooper AT3s on it. I was very happy with the performance, cost me about 1-1.5 mpg but was well worth it. That being said I would go with either the "get another set of rims, put on the new ones and alternate by season" or if that isn't possible then try and wear these out over the summer before you upgrade.

I had an 09 Taco and ran the Cooper AT3s on it. I was very happy with the performance, cost me about 1-1.5 mpg but was well worth it. That being said I would go with either the "get another set of rims, put on the new ones and alternate by season" or if that isn't possible then try and wear these out over the summer before you upgrade.

Did you run 265/75?? It’s quite a jump
From the 245s that came with the truck, but there are a ton more options in that size as opposed to 265/70. I’m considering a c or d load tire if I can find one.

Any of the Cooper tires mentioned would be a good choice. Another option but they're an agggressive mud tire is Maxxis Razr MT which they make in 265/70. I put a set on my Ram, have about 8k miles on them and have been happy so far, but it's also not my daily driver.

From the 245s that came with the truck, but there are a ton more options in that size as opposed to 265/70. I’m considering a c or d load tire if I can find one.
You don't want to run anything less than a d load rating e is better. You will give up some ride comfort with the higher load rating but the others are more prone to blowouts.

It's only an inch taller. Stock ORs come with 265/70R16s.... the 245s come on the SR5s and SRs. Other than shocks, the suspension is the same.

BTW, going to a larger tire will hit your gas mileage. I'm running E rated tires in 265/75R16s and they are like 63lbs per as opposed to 40ish.... They are much tougher though. I pulled a screw out that didn't even go fully into the tire.

I agree with another set of rims and a better tread tire for hunting season and keeping the all terrains you have now for the other seasons.

I'd go that route before I just dumped he factroy rubber. It should be pretty easy to hit craigslist for a spare set of wheels.

ha, same situation here, the used pickup i just bought only has 7k on the new highway goodyear tires; but as others mentioned, I'll use them all summer long. Looking on Clist people have the same tires for sale for really cheap and I dont want to sell them that bad; maybe this fall I'll store this in the shed during the fall/winter and get some nice AT's....

Even though it pains me, I’m going to run these for a bit longer. I have other things I need to spend the money on right now. They’ll be gone by deer season, though.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back