Caribou Gear Tarp

Buy American made?

Red_7.08

Does anyone try to buy “American made” products over a cheaper alternative? I get that most, if not all, high end binos are from the European area. Scopes seem to be manufactured from more different areas of the world.

Main point is I can’t stand buying anything that has anything to do with china. I get you can get quality items manufactured there that pass quality controls to meet certain standards. And by doing this, it greatly cuts costs to the buyer, but I still try to avoid it.

Am I the only one?

What’s your go to brand for whatever it is you like to buy/use?

I buy Leupold scopes as I've had outstanding success with them and the company has a solid conservation ethic and supports many worthy groups and people across the world.

I've got a vortex spotting scope that I shouldn't have bought. I don't use it much besides the range and it's not great glass (Viper).

Tougher and tougher to find quality American made products in a global economy.

Are any of leupolds binos or spotters made here? I was under the impression they all were of third party Asian manufacturer with the Leupold name put on them

Are there any binoculars that are actually made in America at this point?

As for rifle scopes, I can’t see myself ever buying anything besides a Leupold. Great Oregon company making an outstanding product.

Once again Leupold great products
And customer service is fantastic I had 25 yr old binos had an issue sent em back and now I have a new pair zero cost to me took abt 5 weeks to show up when you call someone in Oregon picks up the phone

I did when it was still possible. Next to nothing in sports optics is 100% US today.

I go out of my way to buy Made in USA, but it isn’t a strict rule. Unfortunately, most of Leupold’s products that are Made in USA are so high priced that I rarely venture there. I do own a few, and I’m quite happy with them.

I like my Made in USA boots, and pack.

Well the good news is good optics and China are mutually exclusive at this point. I try to buy american made but even Leupold is like the Big American auto companies, assembled here with foreign parts.

Well the good news is good optics and China are mutually exclusive at this point. I try to buy american made but even Leupold is like the Big American auto companies, assembled here with foreign parts.
I try to buy American when I can or when it makes sense.

On the automotive side of things a few years ago I read an article saying that the Toyota Camry was the "most American vehicle" based on where the parts of the vehicle are from. Not only are they built here but they had the highest percentage of parts made here as well. A sad example that buying American doesn't always support Americans the most.

I like Leupold scopes and and other gun related American companies. I wear Danner "USA made" work boots but the materials are imported. I found some made in the USA t-shirts that are reasonably priced and hold up well.

With tools the few American brands are overpriced for their performance and even they are outsourcing more and more of their products. I prefer middle of the road tools from Taiwan like gearwrench.

Last edited:
Always. On everything. Only exception is one car because they don’t make the version of it US. Made sure my truck came out of US plants.

My American products for hunting :

Nosler rifles
Leupold
Benchmade
Kennetrek

While yes some of the parts of these can come from overseas they are US Companies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back