Bulls Only? OTC CO

JohnBud

My strategies for the 21 Wyoming draw were 100%. Couldn't miss. Then I came up empty. Took a chance for secondary draw in Colorado. Came up empty again. At this point I'm thankful that I can buy an elk tag OTC in Colorado and just go hunting. I have never been to Colorado so my plan is to go hunt some new country, learn some new things and maybe just get lucky enough to stumble across some elk. Here is a simple question that I can't find an answer to: are Colorado OTC elk tags all "bulls only" or are cows also legal on these tags?

• View Profile
xx.gif

September Rocky Mountain Archery Elk Hunt - Hunting buddy?

I am an experienced archery elk hunter who does everything DIY in the backcountry. I plan on hunting September 7th - September 17th near Fraser, CO. I will provide most of the equipment and an amazing experience. There is so much land to cover and I have been hunting alone for the past 5 years. This is a super tough hunt at 10,000 ft and requires you to be prepared physically. It would be great to make a new connection. Let's talk. The tag is about $700 for an out of state, over the counter, either sex archery tag. Todd

Still tons of leftover first come first serve cow only and either sex tags available. Cow are largely 'class B" which means you have to pay for extra "free meat" but you get to shoot EXTRA FREE MEAT!!! (think of class b as a bonus tag) Many a mighty nimrod has both tags still intact upon the long ride home.

• View Profile
xx.gif

I am an experienced archery elk hunter who does everything DIY in the backcountry. I plan on hunting September 7th - September 17th near Fraser, CO. I will provide most of the equipment and an amazing experience. There is so much land to cover and I have been hunting alone for the past 5 years. This is a super tough hunt at 10,000 ft and requires you to be prepared physically. It would be great to make a new connection. Let's talk. The tag is about $700 for an out of state, over the counter, either sex archery tag. Todd
Good luck Todd, we will miss each other by a day otherwise I would love to accompany you. I am heading to that area the 18th for a week or 10 days, drop me a pin when u get on a herd 😂

• View Profile
xx.gif

Just seeing this post. I usually hunt 18 one of the seasons but with it probably being closed this year, I might be heading up to the Fraser area this September. If Im up there that week, I will ping you.

I have only been archery hunting 2 years and rifle about 8 now so still a "beginner" but I work out hard year round and like to put on some miles. I live in the Denver metro area and I am in Grand County often.

Checked on my trail cams today. Game on!!

Attachments

• 285739F6F3A248CE850831C5B5599C6C.jpg
    285739F6F3A248CE850831C5B5599C6C.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 93BC45B6697341DCA3069A5B3C7D47F7.jpg
    93BC45B6697341DCA3069A5B3C7D47F7.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 7AF9125BEF1A41A2AEB7938EC5970117.jpg
    7AF9125BEF1A41A2AEB7938EC5970117.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 64
Good luck Todd, we will miss each other by a day otherwise I would love to accompany you. I am heading to that area the 18th for a week or 10 days, drop me a pin when u get on a herd 😂
I'll be there with an ES tag from the 18th to the 26th. Hopefully the full moon doesn't mess us up too bad. Hoping for some cooler temps as well. Good luck to you

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back