Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Bulls Only? OTC CO

It happened again! Not only did I miss a bull because I was at the wrong location yesterday morning at 7:12.....but as it turn out.....I also missed a bull because I was at the wrong location at 6:06 last night. No more moving around!!

Attachments

• 20210907_191151.jpg
    20210907_191151.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 43
It happened again! Not only did I miss a bull because I was at the wrong location yesterday morning at 7:12.....but as it turn out.....I also missed a bull because I was at the wrong location at 6:06 last night. No more moving around!!
Dang it man. I think you found the spot, it’s just a matter of time!

Day 7 - I had a date with destiny at 7:12 this morning but my date never showed up. I feel like the guy in the back booth at Applebee's with 2 glasses of water in front of him. After his third refill it dawns on him that maybe she isn't coming!
Last night w a s the coldest so far. Definitely used more heating fuel. Sun is just coming up over the trees. Feeling optimistic!
By the way, today is my 31st wedding anniversary. Man my wife is a lucky lady!!

Day 7 - I had a date with destiny at 7:12 this morning but my date never showed up. I feel like the guy in the back booth at Applebee's with 2 glasses of water in front of him. After his third refill it dawns on him that maybe she isn't coming!
Last night w a s the coldest so far. Definitely used more heating fuel. Sun is just coming up over the trees. Feeling optimistic!
By the way, today is my 31st wedding anniversary. Man my wife is a lucky lady!!
Perfect present for her would be a nice 6x6 mounted on the wall at your house!

I start every morning by ranging my surroundings. I know this bush is 34 yds away because it was 34 yesterday and 34 on Sunday (I hope it hasn't moved!). I try to have my marks ingrained so I don't have to fuss in the moment of truth. Good luck everyone!

Attachments

• 20210908_080844.jpg
    20210908_080844.jpg
    995.5 KB · Views: 9
Have you ever noticed how squirrels make the noise equivalent to a 600lb elk but elk make the noise of a 1lb squirrel?
Also, how is it possible that I can convince myself that a stump and a rock is actually an elk. I stare at inanimate objects for far too long.

Attachments

• 20210907_164845.jpg
    20210907_164845.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
2pm and I just settled in for the evening hunt. I went about .25 miles around and circled back to my spot. Trying to keep the wind right and I avoided the bedding area were I busted the animal last night. So far so good. We'll see.

Have you ever noticed how squirrels make the noise equivalent to a 600lb elk but elk make the noise of a 1lb squirrel?
Also, how is it possible that I can convince myself that a stump and a rock is actually an elk. I stare at inanimate objects for far too long.
Yes, elk are as quiet as elephants in ballerina shoes...when they are sneaking in!

It happened for a 3rd time. Now that I have settled on a morning hunting spot....a cow came out to my evening hunting spot at 6:23 this morning! Exasperated!!

Attachments

• 20210908_193356.jpg
    20210908_193356.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
It happened for a 3rd time. Now that I have settled on a morning hunting spot....a cow came out to my evening hunting spot at 6:23 this morning! Exasperated!!
Pretty sure she's mooning you, I'd say it's getting personal! Reminds me of a late season hunt I had when I couldn't get in the right spot at the right time, then finally did but she came in behind me and busted me at 5 yards. I think you're due, good luck.

Day 8 - on stand at 5:30am. Stars everywhere. Much different than 1 year ago when Colorado was recovering from a massive September storm.
Specifically, the forest in the area I am hunting experienced one of the biggest blowdown events in recorded history.
I rode out the storm and woke up in my tent to find that I was completely cut off from civilization. It was the middle of the covid lockdown so I left a message with the forest service's voice mail with my name, phone number and GPS coordinates. About 1 hour later I received a call from the forest service that they knew where I was stranded.
I was informed that I was 9 miles from any exit and it would take a team of sawyers a day or two to cut a line to me.
I had plenty if provisions, so I called my family, told them I was fine, and I went HUNTING.
A day and a half later, I returned to my tent to find a note that the road was clear. Pretty crazy 72 hours. Grateful to be sitting in a pleasant meadow 1 year later. PEACE

Attachments

• 20200910_071232.jpg
    20200910_071232.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 20200911_093248.jpg
    20200911_093248.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20200911_093546.jpg
    20200911_093546.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts