Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Bulls Only? OTC CO

Awesome thread! Just arrived in Colorado and looking foreword to the hunt! Good luck sounds like it’s just a matter of time.

I got a trail cam photo of a bull elk at 3:09am and a bull moose at 9:09pm in the last 48 hours. The moon is getting fuller and they seem to be out at night!! Good luck everyone!

Attachments

• 20210914_095656.jpg
    20210914_095656.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
My elk season came to an end last night after 13 incredible days in the woods. It was a huge success and an amazing experience! God willing I will be back in 2022.....let me know if you want to connect. [email protected].

55 days until Minnesota whitetail hunting!!

Attachments

• 20210915_055241~2.jpg
    20210915_055241~2.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 11
My elk season came to an end last night after 13 incredible days in the woods. It was a huge success and an amazing experience! God willing I will be back in 2022.....let me know if you want to connect. [email protected].

55 days until Minnesota whitetail hunting!!
Great thread sir. Take care. I’ll do my best to document our 2nd season hunt!

Has anyone every had any success with the plains rifle OTC units? I know there's not a lot of public land but....
It’s not a great tag to go after unless you live out there and have a ranch (or have the access and time to put in). Elk will migrate through but it is very hard to predict when and where. My best friend grew up and lives out east and has had that tag for 10+ years and still has yet to notch it. That said he’s got some neighbors that have but it’s a tough one for sure

It’s not a great tag to go after unless you live out there and have a ranch (or have the access and time to put in). Elk will migrate through but it is very hard to predict when and where. My best friend grew up and lives out east and has had that tag for 10+ years and still has yet to notch it. That said he’s got some neighbors that have but it’s a tough one for sure
Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment but I'm still hung up on the fact I can get an either sex OTC tag for the plains units. There are a few spots that are less than 10hrs from Tulsa so I'm considering several quick weekend hunts to learn the unit(s) and learn more about where the elk would be - specially in the later months of the year.

I got an open window and I'm heading back up tomorrow to archery hunt through Tuesday. I too am a glutton for punishment! Sleeping in my truck!
I also scored a leftover elk license today. For $56 I got a cow tag for my area (unit 28) for 4th season. I might miss Thanksgiving dinner but I'm still in the game!! TGW

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back