PEAX Equipment

Bulls Only? OTC CO

I just had a red fox run across the field in front of me. Everything seemed peaceful until I realized that he was coming directly at me and he didn't see me. When he finally got to 10 feet (seriously I could almost grab him), I waved my arms and got his attention. He backed off and looped around!
If I had a dollar for every fox that has tried to chase me down..... I would have a dollar!

Just had a 10 minute encounter with a cow moose. At one point she was grazing at 14 yds. Got some incredible video.

Attachments

• 20210909_081325.jpg
    20210909_081325.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
Hey everyone. Just settling in for evening 8.

I am probably super late to the party, but I just wanted to give a shout out to the HuntStand app.

I'm not connected to them in anyway but I downloaded it about 2 months ago when I started setting up trail cams. I am quite proficient with my GPS, but I found this to be a great addition. I have been using it all week!

As long as you have cell service, you can drop a pin on your exact location and then label it (bedding area, game trail, Basecamp, etc. Next there is a place to make any notes.
I found it was super easy to pull it up at the end of the day, drop topo or satellite maps over the top, and use it as a planning tool for the next days hunt!

In the past I might wonder what is on top of a ridge but would never know unless I hiked up to look. Now I can luck at Huntsman and actually see there is an open meadow before I commit to the walk. Super handy!

I'm not super tech savvy and I'm sure there are many other features. I'm just always trying to improve my experience and I'm glad I tried out the HuntStand app this week. PEACE

The woods were silent tonight! Making a cheese burger for dinner and listening to the football game. Try again tomorrow!

The pressure is getting to me. A lot of people rooting for me. I've spent nearly 100 hours in the forest and haven't seen an elk. I'm beginning to think my trail cams pics were pre-loaded.
Stick to the plan. ......morning stand tomorrow morning. Alarm set for 4:30.

Just had 2 bucks come in. One was at 8 yds and couldn't figure me out! Got over 2 minutes of video inside of 15 yds. Super intense.

Attachments

• 20210910_081245.jpg
    20210910_081245.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20210910_080953.jpg
    20210910_080953.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
My strategies for the 21 Wyoming draw were 100%. Couldn't miss. Then I came up empty. Took a chance for secondary draw in Colorado. Came up empty again. At this point I'm thankful that I can buy an elk tag OTC in Colorado and just go hunting. I have never been to Colorado so my plan is to go hunt some new country, learn some new things and maybe just get lucky enough to stumble across some elk. Here is a simple question that I can't find an answer to: are Colorado OTC elk tags all "bulls only" or are cows also legal on these tags?
how much was otc non resident tag?

Non resident either sex archery elk license in Colorado is like $685. But they are available!

For me it's $48 @ the nearest hardware store.

Night 9
Unless I shoot an elk this evening. This will be my last post for a couple of days.

My son has a football game tomorrow, I owe my wife an anniversary dinner, and I need to recharge my batteries (literally and figuratively).
I'm going to refresh my supplies and be back up Tuesday morning. Probably going to hunt Tuesday - Thursday for the next two weeks in an attempt to fill my tag!

This has been super fun for me and I hope I have provided a little laughter, inspiration and anticipation for you. I plan to keep posting on Tuesday but hopefully someone else will pick up the torch and run with it throughout the season. I would love to hear what's going on with you and your hunts and I really hope to develop some future hunting buddies!

God speed and good luck! Talk to you soon.
Todd

Night 9
Unless I shoot an elk this evening. This will be my last post for a couple of days.

My son has a football game tomorrow, I owe my wife an anniversary dinner, and I need to recharge my batteries (literally and figuratively).
I'm going to refresh my supplies and be back up Tuesday morning. Probably going to hunt Tuesday - Thursday for the next two weeks in an attempt to fill my tag!

This has been super fun for me and I hope I have provided a little laughter, inspiration and anticipation for you. I plan to keep posting on Tuesday but hopefully someone else will pick up the torch and run with it throughout the season. I would love to hear what's going on with you and your hunts and I really hope to develop some future hunting buddies!

God speed and good luck! Talk to you soon.
Todd
Tonight is the night. Good luck

My strategies for the 21 Wyoming draw were 100%. Couldn't miss. Then I came up empty. Took a chance for secondary draw in Colorado. Came up empty again. At this point I'm thankful that I can buy an elk tag OTC in Colorado and just go hunting. I have never been to Colorado so my plan is to go hunt some new country, learn some new things and maybe just get lucky enough to stumble across some elk. Here is a simple question that I can't find an answer to: are Colorado OTC elk tags all "bulls only" or are cows also legal on these tags?
From what I understand there are options for "either sex" tags but most of the units are eastern, plains units.

I finished the yardwork, I walked the dogs, and I ate a piece of prime rib. I'm baaaaaaaack!!

Night 10 - Super windy and the colors are changing. Only two cows on my first trail cam from over the weekend.

Attachments

• 20210913_132234.jpg
    20210913_132234.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 17
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back