Bulls Only? OTC CO

I checked the moon phases too and I am hoping to hit it just right. Might be a little early for the heavy bugle but it kills me to wait.
I spent 30 hours in a tent last year riding out a September 9th snow storm so you never know! Good luck to you as well!

Nothing but a red fox today! Oh yeah....I also had a grouse hunter walk thru my camp with his 10 year old daughter and a black lab!! I think he was lost.

I spent 10 hours in the woods yesterday and saw a squirrel. Picked up a hunter on my cam this morning at 5:21! Spending time up high today. Just set up a trail cam over a wallow.

Attachments

• 20210906_093537.jpg
    20210906_093537.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
  • 20210905_093228.jpg
    20210905_093228.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 43
35 at 6am and 65 at 4pm. Got rained on pretty hard on Thursday afternoon. Dry since. Steady west winds.

Everything is a choice and every choice has a consequence!
I have a spot designated for morning hunting. I hunted there Friday morning and I hunted there Sunday morning and I was getting concerned that I might burn out that spot. I decided to go somewhere else this morning with the plan of letting that spot calm down.
On my way in this evening, I swung by to check my cam. A super nice bull had walked by at 7:12 this morning while I was somewhere else! I am absolutely sick to my stomach!!
I'm not playing this cat and mouse game anymore. I am hunting every morning at my morning spot come hell or high water. I can't keep guessing wrong!
Try again tomorrow. PEACE

Attachments

• 20210906_200008.jpg
    20210906_200008.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 50
I have a spot designated for morning hunting. I hunted there Friday morning and I hunted there Sunday morning and I was getting concerned that I might burn out that spot. I decided to go somewhere else this morning with the plan of letting that spot calm down.
On my way in this evening, I swung by to check my cam. A super nice bull had walked by at 7:12 this morning while I was somewhere else! I am absolutely sick to my stomach!!
I'm not playing this cat and mouse game anymore. I am hunting every morning at my morning spot come hell or high water. I can't keep guessing wrong!
And that’s why it’s called hunting for sure. Bummer, hopefully u get another chance at him this morning!

Been there, I had the same dang thing happen to me last year!! Good luck!

Day 6. He wasn't here at 7:12 this morning but I was. Now it's just a stubborn contest. Beautiful sunrise today.

Attachments

• 20210907_074806.jpg
    20210907_074806.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
Just went in for lunch. On the way out I busted an animal out of its afternoon bedding area. Never did see it but it sure was loud. All set up for a long evening of hunting. I just hope that guy doesn't walk thru our secret spot!

Member​

Just had 2 mule deer bucks in front of me for 20 minutes. At one point they were both 9 yds away!! A spike and a fork.....both in velvet. I was at full draw twice before I realized they were the wrong color brown. Can you see him?

Attachments

• 20210907_150711.jpg
    20210907_150711.jpg
    681.8 KB · Views: 29

Member​

Just had 2 mule deer bucks in front of me for 20 minutes. At one point they were both 9 yds away!! A spike and a fork.....both in velvet. I was at full draw twice before I realized they were the wrong color brown. Can you see him?
Yup, sticks out like a sore thumb. Hopefully those bulls get restless and move in for some feed before dark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back