Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Bullet selection for 6.5 cm

DamascusSteel

Hello all,

I am trying to find a nice bullet for my 6.5 Creedmoor I shot a deer with the hornady superformance with 120 gr GMX and was not impressed. Right now I'm looking at federal fusion, or swift scirroco, i have used hornady interlock with great success in 270 win. Any ideas and why will be helpful.

I have shot gobs of deer with the 129 Hornady Interlock. It has never failed me. What was wrong with the GMX? Poor expansion?
Yeah I live on the East coast, a lot of close shots and it just zipped right through, I'm going to try the gmx again this season cause I have half a box left but will be switching.

Yeah I live on the East coast, a lot of close shots and it just zipped right through, I'm going to try the gmx again this season cause I have half a box left but will be switching.
Did you recover the deer? How far did it travel? On a close shot, why not high shoulder and DRT?

That's why I'm going to use it again this season, I've always gone for lung shots with hornady interlocks did the same with the hornady gmx. Deer died all the same but the internal damage didn't look as big as the interlock

Yeah I've heard great things about accubond but I haven't seen any mention of swift bullets here or any other conversations. Anybody have any experience with them?

I've always liked the AccuBond and A-Frame, but wouldn't be afraid of the Scirocco. I'd test a few bullets that you like and go with what shoots best.

Yeah I've heard great things about accubond but I haven't seen any mention of swift bullets here or any other conversations. Anybody have any experience with them?

I have used the 130 Accubond out of a 264WM on several whitetails and a large mule deer buck ranging from 30-300 yards. I have never caught one. If they hold up with the 264W, they will definitely hold up with the 6.5CM. That is what I would run if I had a 6.5CM.

One other note, I have shot a dozen whitetail, mule deer, and antelope with the 130AB in a 270. I have caught 2 of those under the hide on the offside that were beautifully mushroomed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back