Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bucket list.....

Doing a bucket list fishing trip in a couple weeks. Flying about 250 miles west of Anchorage via float plane to a remote lodge, then going out on daily excursions to various lakes and rivers to fish for; species of salmon, char, grayling, pike, sheefish, trout, etc. Taking my son in law along for the ride.

Have been lucky enough to do most of the big game trips I've wanted to do. Now pretty content to chase deer in multiple states and get more fun out of sharing experiences with family and friends who may not otherwise do the things I like to do.

King Eider duck hunt - Alaska. Affordable but still fighting weather and logistics.
Greenland is an option where the seas are calm and the limit is double Alaska. Also it takes place in March. I want to go to St Paul one day to say I shot Kings from both the east and west coast flock, but I'm in no hurry to get my butt kicked by the Bering sea. Oh also you can shoot Borealis common eiders in Greenland to the tune of 10 a day. Prices out at just under St Paul and airfare is slightly cheaper/far less weather dependent.

Attachments

• D1098B58-15ED-4517-8EF7-1906223A7144_1_201_a.jpeg
    D1098B58-15ED-4517-8EF7-1906223A7144_1_201_a.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 5F91EF48-79F6-49D3-9418-E594DBFAC3EE_1_201_a.jpeg
    5F91EF48-79F6-49D3-9418-E594DBFAC3EE_1_201_a.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 12852552-3126-4882-BE6C-8A19F47B4D20_1_201_a.jpeg
    12852552-3126-4882-BE6C-8A19F47B4D20_1_201_a.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 22
  • D54FD4EE-0C59-4A6F-90E9-FA659A512918_1_201_a.jpeg
    D54FD4EE-0C59-4A6F-90E9-FA659A512918_1_201_a.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
Greenland is an option where the seas are calm and the limit is double Alaska. Also it takes place in March. I want to go to St Paul one day to say I shot Kings from both the east and west coast flock, but I'm in no hurry to get my butt kicked by the Bering sea. Oh also you can shoot Borealis common eiders in Greenland to the tune of 10 a day. Prices out at just under St Paul and airfare is slightly cheaper/far less weather dependent.
Those are the most beautiful birds in my opinion.

Also birds are easy to get home from Greenland. I have 5 more Kings being done in a courtship mount. As for my bucket list, I'll be in Cold Bay in September and Iceland in October. I'm really hoping to do New Zealand if covid is done closing off the rest of the world.

Attachments

• king.jpg
    king.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
  • kingcommon.jpg
    kingcommon.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
  • commonpair.jpg
    commonpair.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
What outfitter did you use in Greenland? Please PM me if you don’t want to list their name publicly. Thanks. All information is appreciated.

What outfitter did you use in Greenland? Please PM me if you don’t want to list their name publicly. Thanks. All information is appreciated.
I went with Midwest Hunting Consultants as a client. We were one of the first American groups to do it as approved foreign hunting is still very new in Greenland. They're on Facebook and social media. I will switch over to PM, don't want to hijack the thread haha.

This has been discussed in the past, but we have a lot of new guys and it would be nice to see some fresh answers. What one animal that is more than likely out of reach to hunt either because of cost or ability to draw tags, etc...would be your bucket list animal to hunt. Mine would be archery moose anywhere I can get one.
I'm with you, brother. My best hope is Ontario...but that's a no go on Canada's part right now.

Thanks @Panda Bear Greenland seems like a good option for musk ox.

I can’t even pay the taxes on a $35,000 hunt if I won it. Ill let the rich bankers and lawyers hunt the white sheep. Ill stick to unlimited bighorns in Montana.
Those are the most beautiful birds in my opinion.

and plentiful. It is a different hunt but fun. I hope you are able to get there. Also caribou and of course muskox, which we conversed about earlier.

I'm with you, brother. My best hope is Ontario...but that's a no go on Canada's part right now.
Border is opening August 9 !! Some hoops to jump through, but Trudeau made the announcement last week !!

Back